Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex messing with me

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

amex messing with me

Just can't seem to find the favor of Amex beyond the Green Card.........keep getting denied with varying reasons...some don't make sense such as due to credit score....they cited Experian which is 724.....not enough time with Amex.....MSD is 1980.   They keep sending me email invitations to apply for various cards but I just keep getting denials......I am an AU on DW Everyday Card...PIF every month, and of course I have to PIF for my green card.....never late on either.

I can handle denials OK.....but I just wish they would quit teasing me.  I am afraid to unsubscribe to their emais for fear of opting out.   Anybody else in my position?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: amex messing with me

They have been messing with me in an different way. They have been sending me emails for just public offers nothing fancy. I have friends all around me getting 50k prg bonus offer which i want. Just annoys me. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 8
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

That just doesnt make sense why they keep denying you in my opinion Smiley Sad I heard amex can be tough on recon but have you tried?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 8
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
That just doesnt make sense why they keep denying you in my opinion Smiley Sad I heard amex can be tough on recon but have you tried?

They will just pull another report... And will generally be the same result. 

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards $10k | TobyHanna FCU $10k | Black Card $5k | NFCU goRewards $2.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred $2k | DCU Plat Rewards $2k | Huntington Voice $1250 | AmEx Delta $1k | Cap1 QS $300 | Cap1 Secured $500 | J Crew $4.9k | Walmart $2.5k | Kay $1k | Jareds $1k | HomeDepot $1k | FingerHut $900 | Macys $800 | Phillips66 $750 | Buckle $300 | Express $250 In The Garden Since: August 4, 2014. TU FICO: 711 (via Walmart) | EQ FICO: 699 | EX FICO: 677 Goals:700+ on all three.
Message 4 of 8
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

I did try recon.....they still denied---- reason at that time was too much new credit, just don't think they like meSmiley Sad  said I was eligible for an upgrade to the gold charge card....don't see any benefit to a charge card with higher AF

Message 5 of 8
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Wow, that is extremely weird and I can't imagine how frustrating. =/
Message 6 of 8
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

I did try recon.....they still denied---- reason at that time was too much new credit, just don't think they like meSmiley Sad  said I was eligible for an upgrade to the gold charge card....don't see any benefit to a charge card with higher AF

dont feel bud excpa...they seem to not like me either. I have had their BCP and Costco since March and May 0f 2013 and cannot get approved for another card...keept getting denied also...it doesnt help that other lenders keep approving me and thats the reason for their rejection of course..."too many creditors have viewed your personal credit report" and "too many inquiries" so i decided to stop trying and garden for at least 3 months. Will probably wait till Jan 2015 to get maximum backdate.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 8
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Think I am going to wait 3-4 mos also.  Maybe I'll get a nice Christmas presentSmiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.