Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex oddity?

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

amex oddity?

Just an fyi, it might be helpful to some if in a pinch.  I just logged in to amex site to pay my bce bill and was suprized to see no min pmt due, my pmt is due on the 22, and i didn't make any payments, however i did return about $40 in merch and the store issued the credit  back to my card, that is the only payment/credit showing online.  the min pmt was 35 on the statement. Don't know if this is just a fluke w/ their recent redsign of the site or their nomal practice.  i can't say i would recommend using this tatic on a reg basis but it may come in handy if someone was running low on cash and could just return something.  i did end up paying 90% fo the balance anyway, i never thought merchant credits would be applied towards any min pmt due, but it looks like they do.  Has anyone else noticed this w/ amex or any other card?

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jaebsf
Contributor

Re: amex oddity?

Not  a fluke. I have had this happen with AmEx a couple of times. Caught me by surprise. I once asked an AmEx agent about it and he said they have always done it that way

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.