Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex or not

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex or not

Howdy Folks,

I wanted your advice on some credit issues please.

My score right now is 660 but i expect around 690 in the next 90 days. I just traded one car loan for another and paid off one more.

I want a amex or another higher end credit card but on my credit has a medical debt from the army(I didn't wnat to use medical at ft hood and went to md anderson in houston).

My question is if my fico score is around 690-700 will that be enough to get a decent credit card? I have several already with low balances but I just want a better card. Will they approve or not based on my fico or will the med debt affect me?

Thank you!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex or not

Try the prequal form with Amex or go with Chase.
Message 2 of 6
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Try B of A and the Credit Unions like PenFed, CCCU, and also Chase and Citi have some good CL's.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 3 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

660 should be more than enough for a Gold Delta SkyMiles from Amex as long as you don't have any recent baddies.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you're really expecting a significant score increase, hold off until then. Your offers will be a lot better.

Don't expect big score changes from the loans. As long as you have an open loan, you won't see a whole lot of score action from that.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

templarklimek wrote:
Howdy Folks,

I wanted your advice on some credit issues please.

My score right now is 660 but i expect around 690 in the next 90 days. I just traded one car loan for another and paid off one more.

I want a amex or another higher end credit card but on my credit has a medical debt from the army(I didn't wnat to use medical at ft hood and went to md anderson in houston).

My question is if my fico score is around 690-700 will that be enough to get a decent credit card? I have several already with low balances but I just want a better card. Will they approve or not based on my fico or will the med debt affect me?

Thank you!!

I agree with hauling! Also, how old is the med collection? Is this collection on all three of your reports?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.