Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex plat airline credit

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: amex plat airline credit

@red259 wrote:
Do not initiate conversation with Amex! It's excluded under the terms and all you are doing is drawing negative attention to your account.

Or, if you do, just make sure you know how the charge has been reported to Amex.  

Message 81 of 327
medo
Frequent Contributor

@red259 wrote:
Do not initiate conversation with Amex! It's excluded under the terms and all you are doing is drawing negative attention to your account.

I would be vague of course. I wouldn't outright say they are gc

Message 82 of 327
red259
Super Contributor

And if they ask you point blank what the purchase was for?
;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 83 of 327
jsucool76
Super Contributor

same thing I did for Ritz card.

"checked baggage fees"

eventually either you don't get reimbursed, or you call up and ask. either way the worst case scenario is you don't get reimbursement.
Message 84 of 327
Open123
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
same thing I did for Ritz card.

"checked baggage fees"

eventually either you don't get reimbursed, or you call up and ask. either way the worst case scenario is you don't get reimbursement.

I'd go with this, especially in $50 increments.

Message 85 of 327
medo
Frequent Contributor

Yes that is what I intend to say should I bring asked.

Message 86 of 327
red259
Super Contributor

I don't mean to a prude or anything and what people choose to do with their own accounts is their own business, but I don't think it's a good idea to post methods that outright involve lying to a lender to get a benefit that we are not entitled to. Not judging but if everyone starts doing that Amex is going to be like **bleep** is with this sudden increase in baggage fees!
;
Message 87 of 327
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:
I don't mean to a prude or anything and what people choose to do with their own accounts is their own business, but I don't think it's a good idea to post methods that outright involve lying to a lender to get a benefit that we are not entitled to. Not judging but if everyone starts doing that Amex is going to be like **bleep** is with this sudden increase in baggage fees!

No one seemed to have a problem with applying for offers they weren't targeted for, or re-using one-use offer codes when the 100k online platinum offer went away and everyone began calling up to apply. Applying over the phone using a POID and/or offer code you didn't receive, for an offer that was targeted at certain individuals is also lying. 

A lie of omission is still a lie. 

Message 88 of 327
Open123
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Hahaha...on their next report, baggage fee redemptions increased 1000%!

Message 89 of 327
red259
Super Contributor

They didn't ask where I got the code and I have no idea who was targeted or how. They could have also just said no which they did to some people.
;
Message 90 of 327
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.