Frequent Contributor
revvystoke

amex preselect site?

I keep getting amex inivitations to apply for their gold card, after the third or fourth one this fall I went to the site and it said I was preselected for a couple of their cards. Not sure what the benefit of a AMEX is over a regular card.

Not sure I could even qualify, I have a eq of 651, annual in. $63k. Credit history of 3 years, I haven't had any hard pulls in a year and a half except for one a few months back for new cellular service.

The cards that I have with the highest balances are paypal $4800/6000 and Alaska Air sig $3400/5000. The other 4 cards I have balances with I owe $750 or less on each that I pif bi-monthly. 

Only have two vehicle loans, $700/19000 and $6900/14500.

AkAir $50k | CSP $35k | Marriott $32k | AA Exec $26k |SPG $15k | Fidelity $10k | Credit Union $8k | Discover $8k

TU: 735 / EQ: 705 / EX: 725
Valued Contributor
Dustink

Re: amex preselect site?

revvystoke wrote:

I keep getting amex inivitations to apply for their gold card, after the third or fourth one this fall I went to the site and it said I was preselected for a couple of their cards. Not sure what the benefit of a AMEX is over a regular card.

Not sure I could even qualify, I have a eq of 651, annual in. $63k. Credit history of 3 years, I haven't had any hard pulls in a year and a half except for one a few months back for new cellular service.

The cards that I have with the highest balances are paypal $4800/6000 and Alaska Air sig $3400/5000. The other 4 cards I have balances with I owe $750 or less on each that I pif bi-monthly. 

Only have two vehicle loans, $700/19000 and $6900/14500.

You should be looking for a card that offers a promotional interest fee period. You need to get those cards that have a balance paid off ASAP.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
Dustink

Re: amex preselect site?

You may be able to get approved for the Chase Slate.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+