Frequent Contributor
Jake0215

amex question

I was recently approved for a zync, it was all I applied for because it was all I thought i would be approved for. However ive recently had 2 baddies come off all of my reports, via dispute/deletion.Im angry with myself for not waiting but I had the itchy trigger finger. My EX score from AMEX was around 660-670 when i was approved.   Im not sure what my EX. score currently  is but my EQ pull yesterday was 720. My EQ and EX reports are totally identical.  I now think that I would qualify for a gold or possibly a BCE. Im a little disapointed to find out that the Zync will never graduate. How long should I wait to apply for the gold? how long until product offers start appearing in my member section? I know AMEX wants you to wait 30 days in between applications for the same card but does this apply to all charge cards. Im pretty sure I could app for the BCE with no problems but not sure if I would be approved. Ive recently added a couple prime cards. I have had fun cutting up the sub prime (BBRZM and CAP1) I had. I currently have 3 INQ's on my EX report. Util at zero except for one reporting at 5%. AAoA is around 3 years. Now that I am in with AMEX should i wait a year till the history shows then app? The problem is all the INQ's are recent so even if I waited they would still be on there in a year, with maybe a small gain in Fico score. Any advice would help. thanks.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
boomhower

Re: amex question

I'm not certain how often they soft for pre-approvals but they don't mean anything really.  All that was showing in mine was charge cards when I apped for BCP and was approved. You can app whenever you want.  It's only with declines that you have to wait.  I am 99% you can PC the Zync after 13 months.  Use it correctly and they would be more than happy to take a higher AF.  I was approved for BCP at 714ish with two 5 year old collections.  Your right on the cusp so if it's what you want app for it.  If declined I would wait a year before trying again.  After a year of history with them I can't see you having any problems. 

Valued Contributor
tntexans72

Are the 3 inquiries within the last 6 months on your EX report?

Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006

[ Edited ]

I would recommend waiting at the very least 30 days, more like 4-6 months if you really want to be approved.

AmEx likes to see history with new cardholders, I would advise to wait 4-6 months, do you need the card now?

If you don't need it and just want it, wait the 4-6 months, I think you'll have a much better chance.

Just my opinion, but I always err on the side of caution, so I could be wrong, you could be approved tomorrow for all I know.

Wishing you the Best!!

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
tntexans72

I agree with Mustang.......wait for your EX CR to show zero inquiries for at least 6 months before apping for a 2nd Amex. In the meantime, use your Zync card with pride and PIF.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+