Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex soft pre-approval?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: amex soft pre-approval?

Hi bb, keep in mind when you go for CLI they do not do a hard inq's. Check with the CCC before you ask them that way you wont take hit with hard. Congrats with your Gold Card.
Message 71 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
Hi bb, keep in mind when you go for CLI they do not do a hard inq's. Check with the CCC before you ask them that way you wont take hit with hard. Congrats with your Gold Card.

If I had a Gold card and Amex pulled a hard on me when I asked for a CLI I'd be pretty upset, considering Gold cards don't have CLs in the first place, concord.

Smiley Tongue

Message 72 of 75
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Cheddar,  I did not mean about Gold. I meant in the previous post bb said next few months let the accounts age and try for CLI. I was just cautioning bb to watch out for hard inq's when tryinig for CLI's on other cards. Hooters pulled a hard on me just for asking CLI.  
Message 73 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
Hi Cheddar,  I did not mean about Gold. I meant in the previous post bb said next few months let the accounts age and try for CLI. I was just cautioning bb to watch out for hard inq's when tryinig for CLI's on other cards. Hooters pulled a hard on me just for asking CLI.  

Ah OK, my apologies then.

Maybe I need to go back and re-read the last few pages.  I must have missed something.
Don't they say short-term memory is the first thing to go?

Message 74 of 75
bb1000
New Contributor

Yeah I try to avoid the hard inq's for CLI's. I think once I get my Gold, my goal will be to use that for a lot of my regular spending to get some good internal history with them on that card. I want to get to the point where if I want to charge $15k on it, it will go through. I'll give my Delta Skypoints a rest, except for gas. It's been a chore paying the Delta card 2-3 times monthly!
Message 75 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.