Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex soft pre-approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex soft pre-approval?

i logged in and seems i'm "pre-approved" for everything but the centurion!
i'm going to plug dw in and see what comes up next. here's the link (disabled)

Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: amex soft pre-approval?

dnm45227 wrote:
 i logged in and seems i'm "pre-approved" for everything but the centurion!
i'm going to plug dw in and see what comes up next. here's the link (disabled)

Now I'm really curious..

I went to Amex and did the search for pre-apps.  It came up with four -- Platinum, Gold Rewards Plus, Blue and Blue Sky.  Did you get the 'nod' for the green?  Anything else different?  Hmmmm!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 75
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi ducky, thanks for posting the link. How does it differ for the people who are already members of amex club? I thought present amex members have a different criteria for new card approval.
Message 3 of 75
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I checked the link. It said I am not eligible for any cards and gave different explanations, among which, one of it is I could be a current card member. I followed the link to current card member link and it offered Platinum / Gold Rewards / Blue and Blue Sky Cards. I am not going to app for any card for next 6 months to year. I want my scores to be above 750 before I app for any new card. Thanks for the link.
Message 4 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry i have no experience with this link, i'm fairly new to amex (about 6 months). i did not get a pre-approval for the green. it came back with the plat, gold, two blues and maybe 1 or 2 others. i'm really not looking to poke the amex beast right now.

i plugged dw's info in and it timed out w/an error saying something about site maint, try again later.
Message 5 of 75
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I'm an Amex newbie, too (August).  I logged in and those 4 were my only choices.  I agree, I'm not going to push my luck and I definitely can't 'afford' to app anywhere.  I figure I'll start shopping post mortgage and pre AF time.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 6 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The link is disabled, and I don't see anything on their home page about pre-approvals, and ducky mentioned logging in, so I'm assuming that this is for current cardholders, right?

Boy, that's a good thing --if they had a pre-app page like BofA's, their servers would crash in 10 minutes flat! Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
The link is disabled, and I don't see anything on their home page about pre-approvals, and ducky mentioned logging in, so I'm assuming that this is for current cardholders, right?

Boy, that's a good thing --if they had a pre-app page like BofA's, their servers would crash in 10 minutes flat! Smiley Tongue

it's a link that gives you the option to log in if you already have amex, but you can plug info in if you don't have an amex. you can do both from that link.
Message 8 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Do you know why the link is disabled? (you had that on your original post.) It took me nowhere at a high rate of speed.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this HTSU-

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Message 10 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.