Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex soft pre-approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex soft pre-approval?

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Do you know why the link is disabled? (you had that on your original post.) It took me nowhere at a high rate of speed.

i removed the . and replaced it with dot because i didn't want to post an active link. just copy, paste into your browser, then edit the dot back to . and report back.
Message 11 of 75
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

ducky is smart in this. I figured it out what he meant and changed dot to .
Message 12 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, I R A idiot. Smiley Very Happy Time to go wash off my reading glasses! thanks
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, that was entertaining. I knew there was a reason to wait until April!

So is this link always working? Can I go in every 30 + 1 days and annoy them? Because it would be useful to do a dry run once I have my baddie birthdays in March and see if things change.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Well, that was entertaining. I knew there was a reason to wait until April!

So is this link always working? Can I go in every 30 + 1 days and annoy them? Because it would be useful to do a dry run once I have my baddie birthdays in March and see if things change.

nothing?
Message 15 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Nope --"We are not able to provide you with any pre-approved Card offers at this time." It's probably because my late is too recent, although a faint possibility is that they couldn't do a clean match of addresses. (We have the world's longest street name, and it rarely fits in address boxes.) I think it's the late though. They were kind enough to display the Blue Cash, Gold card, and Hilton Honors, though!

EX is 728, btw.

It's cool --I wasn't planning to do anything until late March or April. But if this link is always there, it will be fun to poke at every now and then.
Message 16 of 75
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm...

I timed out (darn ADD) and went back to look again and...  it's gone!  My Delta Gold comes up and that's it.

So this is a once every month + one thing? 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 17 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it says I'm preapproved for the following.  Since I've always felt that AMEX is beyond my grasp, I have no idea if any of these are "good" cards...  I guess I may bite the bullet and apply for one sometime between now and 2010...  Smiley Happy

• 24-hour access to Concierge service for the finest experiences in dining, entertainment, and luxury
  • Airport Club Access
  • By Invitation Only® Events
  • Earn Membership Rewards® points with virtually every purchase
  • Double points on travel for your first year (1.5 points per eligible dollar thereafter)
  • Up to 5 fee-free Additional Cards
  • 0% Intro APR
  • Membership Rewards ExpressSM program
  • No annual fee
  • Earn free travel fast with Blue Sky
  • Points good on any airline, hotel, cruise and more
  • No annual fee and 0.00% Intro APR for 6 months
Message 18 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I got the same cards. Platinum, Gold, and 2 blues. I already have a Green and a Plat Delta so I don't know what this mean. But why would people get pre=approved for a Platinum Card but not the Green? Do they just want you to try to apply? Does the Platinum *actually* require a lesser FICO than a Green?

Maybe I'm asking what does pre-approved mean to Amex? Pre-approved to apply? LOL Thanks a bunch Amex. HAHA
Message 19 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry to hear that htsu. i'd also like to know if it's a firm pre-approval, but i'm not going to be the test victim/subject.
Message 20 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.