Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex soft pre-approval?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: amex soft pre-approval?

@dnm45227 wrote:
ok guys i still want to see if dw comes back w/anything and i think htsu is right, look at the response now.

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call/contact us as follows:

To apply by phone or for product information -- 1-800-223-2670. To check the status of a previously submitted application
click here or call 1-888-826-3471 (Mon-Fri 6am-9pm MST).

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.

Sweeeet! We crashed the Centurion Bank servers! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 31 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tim!

I tried the link to see if I could get approved.  I got the message about having credit cards with AMEX, so I logged in. 

They are offering me the same cards I already have!  But they are also offering the Plati Charge Card. I think I will keep my Gold Rewards Plus for a little while longer before applying for that card.  Not ready to part with $400 bucks a year!

Message 32 of 75
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I think it is a standard message for every who want to check. I bet they would do ask us to go through the approval process.
Message 33 of 75
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I said what the heck and applied for Platinum Card throgh the link ducky posted. 

I got the message stating, "our system is not responding so we are unable to provide you with a decision at this time. Your application will be processed and we will notify of the decision in mail with 14 Days."

I am pretty sure the pre-approval process is just a way to make you app and I am pretty sure we have to go through the formal approval process.

Message 34 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not banking on the reliability of these "preapprovals."  I got the same four cards everyone else is getting.

What are the odds we'd all be preapproved for the same four cards?  I don't think these preapprovals are meaningful.

Message 35 of 75
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I agree with you cheddar. I have already apped for Platinum. Let us see what happens. As long as they dont do a hard inq on me, I would not bother what ever the out come is with the application. I would be upset if they were to pull a hard on me.
Message 36 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
I agree with you cheddar. I have already apped for Platinum. Let us see what happens. As long as they dont do a hard inq on me, I would not bother what ever the out come is with the application. I would be upset if they were to pull a hard on me.

Good luck on your Platinum app.  Count on a hard pull.  Even if the preapprovals are legit (which I don't think they are in this case), they still require a hard pull when you actually apply.

Message 37 of 75
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Cheddar, do you think they would do a hard pull even if I already have an Amex Card? I have Optima Card with 5K CL. I would think they would do a soft inq since I already have a Card with them. We will know in the next couple of days what they are upto, I'll check on TC in the next couple of days and see if there is any change.
Message 38 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
Hi Cheddar, do you think they would do a hard pull even if I already have an Amex Card? I have Optima Card with 5K CL. I would think they would do a soft inq since I already have a Card with them. We will know in the next couple of days what they are upto, I'll check on TC in the next couple of days and see if there is any change.

Yes, unfortunately, as I said, I would count on it.

That's standard practice among all lenders.  Hard pull for new credit even if you have existing accounts with them.

Message 39 of 75
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Oh Well. I asked for it. Let us see what happens.
Message 40 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.