Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex soft pre-approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex soft pre-approval?

concorduser wrote:
My App is Approved for Amex Platinum Card.

Jan 23, 2008 PLATINUM CARD Approved Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer to this card, to view the status of that transfer

Congrats!!!  And I'm jealous, like I said on the other thread. Smiley Tongue
Message 51 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

So maybe it is a real preapproval after all.

Message 52 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

super congrats concorduser! cheddar you may be on to something, could be legit pre-approvals! quick concorduser go app the other 3 so we can have confirmation!
Message 53 of 75
bb1000
New Contributor

concorduser, what was your score at the time of approval? I know AMEX largely uses internal scoring, but it might give me an idea.
Message 54 of 75
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi bb, I checked my score last night. My EX Score is 663 for the last 30 days..
Message 55 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

dnm45227 wrote:
super congrats concorduser! cheddar you may be on to something, could be legit pre-approvals! quick concorduser go app the other 3 so we can have confirmation!

ROFL

Message 56 of 75
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks ducky. I prefer some one else to be the next Guinea Pig. I am not going to app for any more cards with Amex. If I ever app it would be for Plum card for my Business. That too probably at least 6 months from now. I do PIF every month and I do not revolve balancen. So there is no reason for me to have lot of cards.
Message 57 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

So of course, concord's good news is making me want to app, because I got selected for the same cards, including the one he was just approved for.

But I'm not going to right now, mostly because when I mentioned it to DFiancee, her reaction was, "Airport lounges are worth $450 a year?"

I need some time to work on her about this before I app.  Which is probably a good thing anyway.

Message 58 of 75
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Cheddar, tell her that she can get a free companion ticket and free or low cost upgrades at the Airport. That should convince her to let you app for the card. Even offer a trip down to Hawii once you get the card.
Message 59 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok cheddar looks like the baton has been passed from concorduser to you. i say go for it! ya, there's an annual fee, but look at the perks and from what i can tell you would really get a lot of use out of it.
Message 60 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.