Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex fr

It could just be me, but I don't see an issue with income verification.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I updated the title since its more of a verification but still not my first choice.

If I want the starwood Ill have to send in the forms. Thats fair enough so no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is them lowering my everyday limit after trying for the new card. Not sure what im going to do but im kind of over amex at this point so I may just ditch them altogether. Amex gets worse while bank of america and chase are treating me better than ever. Whatever I do im going to wait before I decide, dont want to make a haste decision. 

Message 12 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There's a spectrum.   So some lenders want you to send in paystubs.   I think relatively few would have an issue with that, as it is straight forward income verificaton.   Now that won't work for all, such as self-employed or those without a normal income .

Then there is the tax transcript, which has more information, and that's where some feel privacy concerns, especially if it is a joint return and the card is just for one person.

And then you imagine more intrusive things, put all your spend in MINT and sent it to the issuer for a year, to make sure that you are not spending to much so their credit line is not at risk.

At some point, I would expect you to have an issue!

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There's a spectrum.   So some lenders want you to send in paystubs.   I think relatively few would have an issue with that, as it is straight forward income verificaton.   Now that won't work for all, such as self-employed or those without a normal income .

Then there is the tax transcript, which has more information, and that's where some feel privacy concerns, especially if it is a joint return and the card is just for one person.

And then you imagine more intrusive things, put all your spend in MINT and sent it to the issuer for a year, to make sure that you are not spending to much so their credit line is not at risk.

I mentioned income verification, not the full FR Smiley Happy

I would not have an issue with sending my tax return and w2 to AMEX.  But if they require anymore than that, they can have their card back.  I don't have a high enough credit line (24.5k) with them to bother.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I updated the title since its more of a verification but still not my first choice.

If I want the starwood Ill have to send in the forms. Thats fair enough so no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is them lowering my everyday limit after trying for the new card. Not sure what im going to do but im kind of over amex at this point so I may just ditch them altogether. Amex gets worse while bank of america and chase are treating me better than ever. Whatever I do im going to wait before I decide, dont want to make a haste decision. 

You may think Amex is getting worse from your perspective but have you thought that maybe American Express, Inc. may just not like you. . . ahem, meant may not like your PROFILE?

As far as lowering the ED CL, that is their choice. Again, send the forms, sit back and let the analysts decide if you should get the Starwood or not.

Your other choice is to just kiss their toes and move on. Simple-dimple. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I mentioned income verification, not the full FR Smiley Happy

I would not have an issue with sending my tax return and w2 to AMEX.  But if they require anymore than that, they can have their card back.  I don't have a high enough credit line (24.5k) with them to bother.

Right, my point is that other people draw the line at the tax return as a form of income verification, you obviously also have a line, just afer that!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex verification

I plan to do the forms today to see if I get the new card. If I get that ill be happy.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.