Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex what gives?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: amex what gives?

I got Zync and Costco and didn't get a score with either. They are only required to give you a FICO if they're giving you less than their best terms (interest rate). All Costco Amex have the same interest rate, so there are no "less than best" terms. And charges don't have interest rates because they're PIF.

I also just got Citibank Plat and didn't get a score. But I did get their lowest interest rate.

So, it seems that you only get your FICO if it's a card with an interest rate and they're giving a rate that is higher than their lowest available.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: amex what gives?

ok thanks.

now just waiting on word from amex for my mothers costco. (since im the only other person on the account i wanted to be added as an au but it backfired but still think it was a soft pull if he even did the app)

my grandmother even has one of those and her only income is disability and ss. =___=

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.