Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex zync $500 hard limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex zync $500 hard limit

Confirmed today after a conversation with the rep that the $500 zync is it's own card and will never be NPSL for those who are wondering. You just have to apply for another card. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: amex zync $500 hard limit

@Anonymous wrote:

Confirmed today after a conversation with the rep that the $500 zync is it's own card and will never be NPSL for those who are wondering. You just have to apply for another card. 

That seems to be the consensus, although a few people have occasionally reported being told otherwise.     In either case I agree that the best approach for those of us with the Hard Limit cards seems to be to just app for another charge card, either Green or Zync.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
YahComb
Established Contributor

Unfortunate that it seems that way-no chance of ever having the hard limit lifted. Then again, with it's paltry MRE and Annual Fee (and you can't even use the AMEX mall right now to earn extra points online) It's not going to be a long-term card for a lot of people anyways even with NPSL.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 3 of 5
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

I have a Zync with $500 hard limit and frankly it does not bother me. I actually don't like or have use for charge cards. I'm more of a credit card person. The only reason I got Zync is because of my credit and to get my foot in the door. In a year or two when my credit really improves Im going to app for BCE which will backdate. I'm thinking I can probably do BCE January 2014 which will backdate 2 years and then cancel Zync especially since it's $500 and $25 AF. I don't spend much and usually pay off my bills before statement cuts, however I do like the freedom to carry a balance in case of an emergency if needed.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep only reason I even considered the zync was a "foot in the door" for the BCP. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.