Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex

tag
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

amex

Are AMEX cobranded cards (Hilton Honors) subject to the 5 year post BK 7 rule as their regular cards?

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: amex

Any card issues by AMEX themselves is - cobranded, charge cards, etc
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 6
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

I think Chase is the only major bank/credit issuer which treats co-branded cards different (correct me if I'm wrong, please).

Message 3 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

If it means anything, I have the Hilton HHonors and the PRG and my BK13 is still alive and well on my reports...and will be there for at least 2 more years. 

Message 4 of 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

If it means anything, I have the Hilton HHonors and the PRG and my BK13 is still alive and well on my reports...and will be there for at least 2 more years. 

What was your filing date and when did you receive your Amex?  I too have 2 Amex cards with a Ch 13 on my report, but it had been over 5 years since my filing date when I applied so I'm not sure about the 5 year rule.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 6
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Yea see im not even close to 5 years yet, almost 2.5 yrs but Im a hilton honors member and they keep bombarding me with marketing material and I would like to have the card for business/conferences hotel stays.

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.