Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#$%&*^ !!!! Bank Of America Annual Fee

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: #$%&*^ !!!! Bank Of America Annual Fee

@CreditChampion wrote:

@RyVision the card does not have a af. The reason you have an af is because when you pc the terms and conditions of your previous card stay the same.

Oh, I understand that, what I don't understand are those with the card (any card from BoA really) that have posted that have been surprised to find the AF tacked on after having none for years, like the OP who started this thread.  As for mine, I guess I'll use it once every few months then close it the month before the next AF would hit.

I actually somewhat remember reading something about being able to avoid the AF after it posted if you called and closed the card within 30 days of the AF being posted on the account. Not sure however, I'd have to look it over again.  So if the time hasn't run out and I don't get the 1-2-3 card before that time, I may see about doing that and not waiting another year.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 21 of 23
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

@Brgymtb wrote:

@I've had my BOA card for 6 yrs w/$6000 CL with 0 balance and all of the sudden they hit me with $59 annual fee (no annual fee since). I rarely use this card and only kept it since it has a long history. I have 4 other cards with twice the CL and same amount of history or longer. I'm thinking about closing this account and wonder how it would affect my score (last I checked @745). I'm so pissed right now that I have to pay the fee and close the accountCat Mad

Bank Of America is such a garbage bank. Your a long term customer with a great credit score. I own a company and last week I went to "That Bank" and I cash a $50 check from one of my friends that owes me money. They ask me who do you bank with I said I am happy with them. I told her....and not being rude, I whould never bank here. She said why. I said this bank ............. You get the point. 

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 22 of 23
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Listen up:  Very few people understand this, but it's the law, and I've taken advantage of it several times over the years:

Anytime you are charged an annual fee (and it doesn't matter if this is the first time or if you've been paying it every year for this card, and it doesn't matter when they notified you that they will start charging an annual fee)  you can close the card and request that the annaul fee be refunded to you.  I believe it has to be within 30 days. 

For example, they charge you the fee today, and 29 days from now you call up and close the card and ask for your fee back.  Or you close the card today and 29 days from now, call up and ask for the fee to be returned to you.

They will actually mail you a check.  I've done it, and I've gotten a check in the mail.  It's sweet!