Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amx account intelligence

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

amx account intelligence

who else got the email about this new feature? what do you guys think?  i dont think i am going to sign up for it, seems odd nothing more just more of a big brother tone to it, they already know what i buy assuming merchents are doing level 3 processing

As part of your Membership, you are invited to participate in a new service we are piloting for select Card Members.

Account Intelligence can help make it easier for you to stay on top of your finances. The service analyzes your transaction activity and automatically notifies you of information we think you'll find useful such as:

• Changes in recurring charges
  • Categories in which you are spending more over time
  • Subscriptions that may be coming up for renewal

Enrollment is easy and free. Use your americanexpress.com User ID and Password to login.

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amx account intelligence

@phillyguy12 wrote:

who else got the email about this new feature? what do you guys think?  i dont think i am going to sign up for it, seems odd nothing more just more of a big brother tone to it, they already know what i buy assuming merchents are doing level 3 processing

As part of your Membership, you are invited to participate in a new service we are piloting for select Card Members.

Account Intelligence can help make it easier for you to stay on top of your finances. The service analyzes your transaction activity and automatically notifies you of information we think you'll find useful such as:

Enrollment is easy and free. Use your americanexpress.com User ID and Password to login.

Guarantee it ties in to your AmEx offers if it doesn't already.

Message 2 of 10
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

i don't know the offers have always been way off for me like resturants in nyc where ive never been or stores i've never shopped and there is usually some sort of gift purchase offer like sherri's berry or the like, i assume because ive used for flowers in the past

Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They should run it like that ibotta beer, I mean groceries, app. If you have redeemed one offer, it returns later.

It's always good to buy flowers after you have bought yourself something for your man cave... Shari's Berries stays lol
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never got this kind of emails for pilot programs from Amex. I guess I am not that valuable for them...

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

program sounds great to me....

Message 6 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Doesn't something like Mint do this across all of cards (if you want to) rather than just Amex.    Doing just one issuer doesn't sound that useful for an overall picture, not that I wiould want Amex viewing all of my accounts!

Also, is there some NDA with this?    When I did some "research" for their website ideas, we had to sign some hefty documents promising to keep everything confidential even though what was being discussed was really trivial: stuff  like (but not exactly, because of the NDA) "Should each item in this list have a round or square bullet?"

Yes, if a competitior got hold of that it would be game over for Amex!

Message 7 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@phillyguy12 wrote:

i dont think i am going to sign up for it, seems odd nothing more just more of a big brother tone to it, they already know what i buy

Given that they already know what you buy then what difference would it really make?

@longtimelurker wrote:

Doesn't something like Mint do this across all of cards (if you want to) rather than just Amex.

It does except for the subscriptions thing.

Message 8 of 10
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

no NDA, i got it via unsolicited email offer, i do think mint does do this kind of thing across the board as well, it sounds like an enchanced ondemand yr end summary. im not doing anything out of the ordinary w/ my amx cards, my white unicorn card is just for monthly tolls and misc business exp that i will get reimbursed for and my bce is just my general use card for the most part i dont carry big balances anywhere and if i do its usually short term. the offer just isn't appealing to me as i just dont like the idea of my account being reviewed more frequently and or closely than the general card holder population, i might give it more consideration if they tossed in the fico score, which i still dont have from them...

Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@phillyguy12 wrote:

Does anyone actually believe they have not been doing this for quite a long time?  The only difference is they are making a feature available to customers that they use internally (or something very similar).

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.