Did you mean: 

an little over zealous with app spree

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: an little over zealous with app spree

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

None of my approvals were instant except for Cap1  Smiley Happy... always needed some verification and got approved .. so not necessarily means denial .. good luck Smiley Happy

so wasn't all doom and gloom like i first thought , got amex preferred also with 15 month of 0% apr, which i was pretty suprised about. I think afterwards it would be 12.99 % not that bad with all things considered. actually discover it was the biggest stickler looks like because of the one CO account i had from 2007, but all in all i can't complain much :-)

So approved right?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 26
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

None of my approvals were instant except for Cap1  Smiley Happy... always needed some verification and got approved .. so not necessarily means denial .. good luck Smiley Happy

so wasn't all doom and gloom like i first thought , got amex preferred also with 15 month of 0% apr, which i was pretty suprised about. I think afterwards it would be 12.99 % not that bad with all things considered. actually discover it was the biggest stickler looks like because of the one CO account i had from 2007, but all in all i can't complain much :-)

So approved right?

yes sir was approved, didn't get the highest credit limit but its an start. I am wondering how backdating my new preferred card would work. I had an old amex with my dad but its now closed from 1995, can i back date it to that and would that increase my AAoA ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

So approved right?

yes sir was approved, didn't get the highest credit limit but its an start. I am wondering how backdating my new preferred card would work. I had an old amex with my dad but its now closed from 1995, can i back date it to that and would that increase my AAoA ?

Congarts and head on home to the garden

Reminder always recon when in doubt Smiley Wink

Call and ask about your member date don't mention backdating 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 13 of 26
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

So approved right?

would like to thank you guys especially myjourney for the guidence. I even asked the guy about backdating but he said he couldn't do anything about since he didn't have the information in front of him, he said he only did approvals :-( yes no apping for many months or maybe even years :-). my initial goal was just to get some good cash back cards , so i think i have achieved that 

Message 14 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

So approved right?

would like to thank you guys especially myjourney for the guidence. I even asked the guy about backdating but he said he couldn't do anything about since he didn't have the information in front of him, he said he only did approvals :-( yes no apping for many months or maybe even years :-). my initial goal was just to get some good cash back cards , so i think i have achieved that 

Wait until you get the card call the number on the back and then tell them what I just told you and you should be good to go on the date/backdating issue

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 15 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on your successful spree and welcome back to the Amex Family!
Message 16 of 26
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

So approved right?

Wait until you get the card call the number on the back and then tell them what I just told you and you should be good to go on the date/backdating issue

i am kind of confused about backdating because i am an au on my mothers costco amex card and i called to back date my card and they just did it for date i asked for , and they didn't really ask many questions. Now that i got my new card sent with the 1995 member date will that effect my aaoa. Or is it just something that shows up only on the card?

Message 17 of 26
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I dumped both of our AMEX cards and haven't looked back.  Congratulations to those of you who are getting approved!!!!  SWEET!!!!

Message 18 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

So approved right?

i am kind of confused about backdating because i am an au on my mothers costco amex card and i called to back date my card and they just did it for date i asked for , and they didn't really ask many questions. Now that i got my new card sent with the 1995 member date will that effect my aaoa. Or is it just something that shows up only on the card?

It will help AAoA bravo

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 19 of 26
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

So approved right?

It will help AAoA bravo

How do I tell if my AAoA has changed will score watch pick that up?

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.