Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

an old TL, that i dont remember...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

an old TL, that i dont remember...

I have a 300 CL citi card on my reports that was opened in 2001 (when i was 19).  I dont remember opening this.. Should I mail them the partial acc # and ask for a new card or something?  it shows it is current no lates every month, and its my oldest TL.  Im afraid If I mail them they will close it lol!

Message Edited by fender on 05-11-2008 06:30 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: an old TL, that i dont remember...

I've got an AMEX on EQ and TU from 1994 that I had go to 'collections/ charge off' at the time.
For over 10-12 years I did nothing w/ credit until an auto loan in 2004.
When I started checking my reports last year in Sept. , both TU and EQ have it listed as 'Closed by consumer-acct in good standing' !!!
I will not touch it !Or try to delete it ! Or re-activate it or anything !
It makes my credit history go from 2004 all the way back to 1994, at least w/ these two CRA's. and that's something I desperately need for a good Fico score.I've got too many new acct's now.
My advice would be leave it alone as long as you don't need another card w/ a cli or $300 bucks in the worst way.
Credit history vs. UT.
Which do you need more ??

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: an old TL, that i dont remember...

I dont need the UTI at all, thats why I'm thinking I agree with your choice.  The only reason I considered mailing them is because I want a citi card!! =)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.