Established Contributor
fender

an old TL, that i dont remember...

[ Edited ]
I have a 300 CL citi card on my reports that was opened in 2001 (when i was 19).  I dont remember opening this.. Should I mail them the partial acc # and ask for a new card or something?  it shows it is current no lates every month, and its my oldest TL.  Im afraid If I mail them they will close it lol!

Message Edited by fender on 05-11-2008 06:30 AM
"WTB Access Number"
Established Contributor
jaxstraw

Re: an old TL, that i dont remember...

I've got an AMEX on EQ and TU from 1994 that I had go to 'collections/ charge off' at the time.
For over 10-12 years I did nothing w/ credit until an auto loan in 2004.
When I started checking my reports last year in Sept. , both TU and EQ have it listed as 'Closed by consumer-acct in good standing' !!!
I will not touch it !Or try to delete it ! Or re-activate it or anything !
It makes my credit history go from 2004 all the way back to 1994, at least w/ these two CRA's. and that's something I desperately need for a good Fico score.I've got too many new acct's now.
My advice would be leave it alone as long as you don't need another card w/ a cli or $300 bucks in the worst way.
Credit history vs. UT.
Which do you need more ??

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Established Contributor
fender

Re: an old TL, that i dont remember...

I dont need the UTI at all, thats why I'm thinking I agree with your choice.  The only reason I considered mailing them is because I want a citi card!! =)
"WTB Access Number"

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}