@09Lexie wrote:

Hmmm, let's see between DH and I:

1. Ritz $395
  2. CSP $95 x 2 ( one waived first year)
  3. UMEP $95
  4. AMEX PRG $175
  5. AMEX BCP$75 x2
  6. AMEX Delta Plat $195
  7. AMEX Plat $450 ( currently waived first year) 
  8. AMEX TE $55 ( really 0 Costco membership) 

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get first year AF waived for Amex Plat?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Ameriprise-Amex-Platinum/m-p/3311972#M920997

Oh, I guess you can only get that offer as an Amerprise member. Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: annual fees ?

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

1. Ritz $395
  3. UMEP $95
  4. AMEX PRG $175
  5. AMEX BCP$75 x2
  6. AMEX Delta Plat $195

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get first year AF waived for Amex Plat?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Ameriprise-Amex-Platinum/m-p/3311972#M920997

Oh, I guess you can only get that offer as an Amerprise member. Smiley Sad

That's the official word on the T&Cs but I know of plenty of people who are not Ameriprise members and are able to get the card

Message 22 of 40
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Nothing! I have no annual fee cards.

^^^This.  I'm very much against AF cards unless they are providing a benefit that will exceed the fee.  This is the reason I closed 2 older Capital One cards last year.  One of the cards was originally an Orchard Bank card with a $59 AF.  I could never get Orchard Bank or Capital One to waive the fee. Smiley Mad  The other card was an original Capital One card with a $750 CL and a $39 AF.  I couldn't get Capital One to waive that fee either, even when they knew I was getting ready to close each account.  This was before I knew anything about the EO.  On the flip side, when I found out about the EO, they helped get me approved for the Quicksilver card for excellent credit, when I don't really have excellent credit yetSmiley Happy

Message 23 of 40
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

1. Ritz $395
  3. UMEP $95
  4. AMEX PRG $175
  5. AMEX BCP$75 x2
  6. AMEX Delta Plat $195

Wow thats $1705.00 USD / 22,553.31 MX Pesos / 182,833.12 JP Yen / 3995.16 BR Real / 104,013.53 IN Rupee in Annual Fees Smiley LOL  Wow!!!!! Mod's are bankin' it!

Message 24 of 40
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I currently have four cards with annual fees. I will keep the Platinum and CSP, but the other two will likely either be downgraded or canceled. A lot of people don't like AFs and I understand why, but sometimes they are absolutely worth it.

AMEX Platinum $450 (First year waived)

Chase Ink Plus $95 (First year waived will cancel or downgrade)

Chase Sapphire Preferred $95 (First year waived)

Wells Fargo Propel World AMEX $175 (First year waived likely to cancel or downgrade)

Message 25 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only card I currently have with an AF is my CSP. Not sure if I'll keep it or downgrade it in the long run. I can put enough spend on it to break even at a minimum, so I'm not sure if it's worth the AF now that I've collected on my sign-up bonuses. I sort of dislike the idea of PC'ing away from it only because it seems like it's slightly harder to get than other Chase cards, but maybe it's just my delusion.

Message 26 of 40
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

I pay NOTHING for Annual Fees!!! Smiley Very Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 27 of 40
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Exonumist wrote:

A lot of people don't like AFs and I understand why, but sometimes they are absolutely worth it.

+1.   The annual fee just needs to be taken into account as a factor in assessing the value of the card.   Basically, if:

Expected Benefits - AF is a) positive and b) greater than others cards you can reasonably expect to get, it makes total sense.    I think some people think "Why pay for something I can get for free?" and while there are AF cards that are worse than worthless (offering the same benefit as free one) there are others that are much more valuable.

But when people "boast" that they have no cards that have an AF, that just means that they do not have, or do not need, some of the high value cards.

Message 28 of 40
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

$265.  Those that are avoiding AF's really should consider total cost/benefit for your specific situation versus simply AF/no AF.

As an example, I may pay $265 but rewards are much more than those AF's -- over $2,500 so far this year and that's without making the best use of some of my UR points,

Message 29 of 40
dilettante
Established Contributor

JPM Palladium - $595 + 198 (AU's)

JPM Ritz - $395

Citi AA Ex - $450

Citi Prestige - $450 + $50 (AU)

Amex Plat - $450 + $175 (AU's)

Amex SPG - $65

Barclay Arrival+ - $89

BofA Alaska Air - $75

I do get full value out of all these cards whether through airline reimbursements, lounge memberships, hotel programs like FHR & GHA, hotel chain status, Amex International Airline Program, companion passes, transfer partners, and of course the sign up bonusesSmiley Happy

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.