Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another HP for CLI?

tag
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

another HP for CLI?

A few days ago, i got a CLI from BOA with a HP. At first, I requested it online and called in the next day. The analyst countered my initial CL request. The analyst said i can always request CLI at anytime. My question is if i request online again will it results another HP? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: another HP for CLI?

I believe their cli is hp...unless it happened auto...

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@vAirGo7 wrote:

A few days ago, i got a CLI from BOA with a HP. At first, I requested it online and called in the next day. The analyst countered my initial CL request. The analyst said i can always request CLI at anytime. My question is if i request online again will it results another HP? 

If it was countered over phone I would only do it over phone again because you are going to need an analyst that is more giving or reads credit differently then the last... online will go to analyst so it will be better to talk to them from beginning and also make sure rather it's same HP or new.

Message 3 of 9
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@vAirGo7 wrote:

If it was countered over phone I would only do it over phone again because you are going to need an analyst that is more giving or reads credit differently then the last... online will go to analyst so it will be better to talk to them from beginning and also make sure rather it's same HP or new.

If it is within 30 days of the initial HP you may not incur another. When I combined my boa cards, it was a HP. I then requested a CLI two weeks later and the analyst said they use the recent pull unless it is over 30 days old or the customer specifically requests another pull. This was via the backdoor.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 4 of 9
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@vAirGo7 wrote:

to my understanding, if  you request another CLI within 30 days of the last one, the same HP will be used for the second request. I did 2 CLI on both of my BofA cards within weeks of each other and no additional HP was done.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgerslv wrote:

@vAirGo7 wrote:

to my understanding, if  you request another CLI within 30 days of the last one, the same HP will be used for the second request. I did 2 CLI on both of my BofA cards within weeks of each other and no additional HP was done.

+1

OP - Just check with the analyst during the review process to determine if the same HP could be used - as long as it is within the same 30 day window.

Message 6 of 9
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

I will check with the anaylst during the process. Thank you for all the comments.

Message 7 of 9
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

so i called BOA again, the analyst used the same HP. He granted me the new CL request!

By the way, the backdoor number is not working: BofA: 800-718-6072 (Credit analyst - for existing cardholders only)

Message 8 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@vAirGo7 wrote:

so i called BOA again, the analyst used the same HP. He granted me the new CL request!

By the way, the backdoor number is not working: BofA: 800-718-6072 (Credit analyst - for existing cardholders only)

Congrats WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.