Regular Contributor

another HP for CLI?

A few days ago, i got a CLI from BOA with a HP. At first, I requested it online and called in the next day. The analyst countered my initial CL request. The analyst said i can always request CLI at anytime. My question is if i request online again will it results another HP? 

Valued Contributor

Re: another HP for CLI?

I believe their cli is hp...unless it happened auto...

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Epic Contributor

vAirGo7 wrote:

A few days ago, i got a CLI from BOA with a HP. At first, I requested it online and called in the next day. The analyst countered my initial CL request. The analyst said i can always request CLI at anytime. My question is if i request online again will it results another HP? 

If it was countered over phone I would only do it over phone again because you are going to need an analyst that is more giving or reads credit differently then the last... online will go to analyst so it will be better to talk to them from beginning and also make sure rather it's same HP or new.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Frequent Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:

vAirGo7 wrote:

If it was countered over phone I would only do it over phone again because you are going to need an analyst that is more giving or reads credit differently then the last... online will go to analyst so it will be better to talk to them from beginning and also make sure rather it's same HP or new.

If it is within 30 days of the initial HP you may not incur another. When I combined my boa cards, it was a HP. I then requested a CLI two weeks later and the analyst said they use the recent pull unless it is over 30 days old or the customer specifically requests another pull. This was via the backdoor.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | UsAir $20k | Local CU $8k
TU: 753 / EQ: 722 / EX: 735
Valued Contributor

vAirGo7 wrote:

to my understanding, if  you request another CLI within 30 days of the last one, the same HP will be used for the second request. I did 2 CLI on both of my BofA cards within weeks of each other and no additional HP was done.

Cards: (Chase x8) (Citi x6) (Amex x6) (BofA x3) (US Bank x3) (Barclays x4) (WF x2) (Cap1 x4) (Synch x4) (Penfed x2) (Macys Amex, Discover, USAA, Fidelity, NASA x1), PLOC: Citi (18k) WF (10k), Personal Loan: USAA (25K), Auto Loans: Ally, Audi Financial.
Valued Contributor

dodgerslv wrote:

vAirGo7 wrote:

to my understanding, if  you request another CLI within 30 days of the last one, the same HP will be used for the second request. I did 2 CLI on both of my BofA cards within weeks of each other and no additional HP was done.

+1

OP - Just check with the analyst during the review process to determine if the same HP could be used - as long as it is within the same 30 day window.

Regular Contributor

I will check with the anaylst during the process. Thank you for all the comments.

Regular Contributor

so i called BOA again, the analyst used the same HP. He granted me the new CL request!

By the way, the backdoor number is not working: BofA: 800-718-6072 (Credit analyst - for existing cardholders only)

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

vAirGo7 wrote:

so i called BOA again, the analyst used the same HP. He granted me the new CL request!

By the way, the backdoor number is not working: BofA: 800-718-6072 (Credit analyst - for existing cardholders only)

Congrats WTG

+ Chase ink =

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.