Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another app possible??

tag
SantaMar
Regular Contributor

another app possible??

i got aproved for a citi simplicity card for my honeymoon.  7k limit with 0% apr for 18 months.  sure why not.  i only charged 3900 on the car over the past two weeks.  didnt max it or anything.  as it stands now, with this citi card, i have a total CL of 22,400  with a total balance of about 5k spread out over 4 credit cards.  you think i can app again?  if i app now for another card will my citi show up on my credit file?  without the citi card i have 17k in credit and only 700 in balances on three cards.  im just wondering how long it takes for the card to show up on my file...i technically didnt activate the card until may 3rd.  i do have a "statement".  not sure if it takes a month or two for the credit bureaus to register the card and balances and credit limit?!  if i wanted to app would i get approved if my citi card is reporting?  would i get immediately denied showing a 20% utilization???

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: another app possible??

My Citi card showed up on my reports after my first statement cut. However, YMMV, and as a result you should check your reports.

You can get them for free at annualcreditreport.com - it's a site set up by the credit bureaus to comply with federal regulations on credit reporting agencies.

If you only wanted to pull one bureau I suggest Experian because if you write down the report number they generate (just print out the report and keep it for your records) you can check an updated version of your report everyday for 90 days.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 3
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: another app possible??

@SantaMar wrote:

i got aproved for a citi simplicity card for my honeymoon.  7k limit with 0% apr for 18 months.  sure why not.  i only charged 3900 on the car over the past two weeks.  didnt max it or anything.  as it stands now, with this citi card, i have a total CL of 22,400  with a total balance of about 5k spread out over 4 credit cards.  you think i can app again?  if i app now for another card will my citi show up on my credit file?  without the citi card i have 17k in credit and only 700 in balances on three cards.  im just wondering how long it takes for the card to show up on my file...i technically didnt activate the card until may 3rd.  i do have a "statement".  not sure if it takes a month or two for the credit bureaus to register the card and balances and credit limit?!  if i wanted to app would i get approved if my citi card is reporting?  would i get immediately denied showing a 20% utilization???

Congrats! 

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.