cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any advice on how to keep up with all my cards .....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: any advice on how to keep up with all my cards .....

Between DW and myself we have almost as many cards and I've found a spreadsheet is the best and easiest. Although all of our cards have relatively the same due date, I'm paying more on some to pull down our util. and it's much simpler to see it all typed out/printed in black and white.

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a long time Mint user and it's one of the best out there for personal finanace management. I recently also tried out Personal Capital www.personalcapital.com and they are pretty neat too. One thing about Personal Capital is that they happen to update my balances quick than Mint (Maybe it's just me).

Message 22 of 30
rubicon
Regular Contributor

MINT BILLS....yes i used all caps because don't mistake this for mint. Mint BILLS is freaking phenomenal. You get notifications when you're bills are due and you get updated balances. Mint bills is a game changer

Starting FICO: 5/19/16 EX-586, EQ-555, TU-545
FICO 7/22/16 EX-652, EQ-636, TU-589
FICO 8/22/16 EX-659 EQ-628 TU-612
FICO 10/27/20 EX-687, EQ-664, TU-672
FICO 6/14/23 EX-707 EQ-698 TU-712
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Managing and paying bills for 15 credit card accounts just seems like such a hassle. I like to keep things simple, so I put everything on two credit cards (I technically have an old card with capital one but it's a suspended card that I don't even care to reopen at this point). My cards payment dates are within a week so i usually pay my Chase first and then the AmEx the following pay day. I've also put as many bills on my 2 cards on autopay to reduce the dates I need to remember. I don't autopay my cards but I don't need to since I'm not managing 15 of them. 

Message 24 of 30
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

I usually save and favorite all my log ins for all my credit cards. Then at the end of the month when I get paid, I pay off all the balances. I go throughput each bank and pay it off. Hasn't failed me yet. Been at for 7 years. XP
My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Between DH and I we have more than enough cards. I have a list on my phone of each card and on set days a month (10th and 25th) I go down the list and make sure nothing fell through the cracks. I have electronic statements so unless it fails to send me one I can just pay the balance when I get the email. And in case all else fails i set up auto pay with min balance on due date for each account just to be safe. Id rather pay interest than late fees and have that on my report. I dont use statement balance autopay because I do take advantage of promotional financing from time to time.

To track spending I have an app called Monefy (Pro. I spent the 2.50) which I like because it allows me to create my own accounts and catagories. Instead of having it import and only be able to connect to some of my accounts like mint i create an account manually for each card and when I spend I add the amount into a catagory manually. Allows much more control but less hassle than a spreadsheet.
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Managing and paying bills for 15 credit card accounts just seems like such a hassle. I like to keep things simple, so I put everything on two credit cards (I technically have an old card with capital one but it's a suspended card that I don't even care to reopen at this point). My cards payment dates are within a week so i usually pay my Chase first and then the AmEx the following pay day. I've also put as many bills on my 2 cards on autopay to reduce the dates I need to remember. I don't autopay my cards but I don't need to since I'm not managing 15 of them. 

@Anonymous do the same @ our house.

Message 27 of 30
redpat
Senior Contributor

I pay cards all my cards the 25th of the month after my last statment cuts on the 15th of the month.  This way I never have to worry about a due dates the following month, I actually don't even remember what their due dates are, lol.   Also, which makes it easy for me is that I only have to go to three apps on my phone to pay my cards.

My opinion OP is the same as others, close some. 

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 28 of 30
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so i have around 15 cards and im having such a hard time maintaining them.  

what do you guys do to maintain them all?   spreadsheet, phone app, ???   

I think you need to simplify your portfolio. The writings on the wall that your going to miss something. At one point I was like you and managing more accounts than what I needed. Sure enough, I missed a payment and ended up with a 30 day late. 

Now I only have 5 accounts and I'm looking to trim that down further.  Simplify, simplify, simplify!!

Just my two cents...

Best credit wishes to you

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 29 of 30
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

My system is to login to every one of my credit and deposit accounts at least once a week, every Tuesday, and handle all of my business then. I have multiple accounts with several institutions, but in total I have 11 places I need to login to weekly. I make all payments weekly and never worry about minimums or due dates; I just PIF whenever I login and don't even have any idea when any of my due dates are. I don't personally find it labor intensive or unpleasant to do it this way - in fact it's kind of fun - but I'm sure this system wouldn't work for everyone.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.