cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any advice on how to keep up with all my cards .....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: any advice on how to keep up with all my cards .....

Blispay doesn't offer the auto-pay option, but other than that, I set up auto-pay for all accounts.

Message 11 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You can use a spreadsheet, or Mint, or you can close some accounts down according to your comfort level. Not everyone enjoys maintaining many accounts and everyone's tolerance level varies. But my opinion is that if you are stressing out or finding it hard to deal with, you should just close some. With 15 accounts, you definitely have room to trim and likely experience no credit score issues from doing so.

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would def close a few accounts. 15 is just crazy.

But like a poster said earlier, I have all my cards close on the same day.
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set up mint, virtually nothing competes with it, and it's safe. Secondly, set up all your cc accounts to fall in the same week. Mind you the hangar won't work for 1-2 billing cycles. I never set up auto-pay, but I also don't use more than 2-3 cards at a time (of the 25 I have)
Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have all my cards closing on the same calendar date. Makes it a lot easier to handle.

Exactly what I do...makes it a lot easier.

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks guys.  didnt know about moving my dates for them to be close to the same.      i plan on getting rid of some cards.  mostly the store ones.   they were my first ones and its just feels weird to close them.   definately going to use a spreadsheet.

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have everything on Mint Bills. Push notifications when new bills come up and everything in one place. I'm not so fond of regular Mint but Intuit bought out the product that is now Mint Bills but never changed it so I still use it (it used to be Check.me and before that it was Pageonce).

I've done billpay through it as well and it's relatively fast, but I usually just use it for an overview of what I need to pay and set up payments manually.
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just set up Mint as well. It's nice to have all my information in one place.
Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the first I've heard of mint. I'm going to check out that app.

But what I typically do is have a note sheet on my phone that lists balances and due dates ofy credit cards. It was definitely easier to remember dates when I had only two or three credit cards.
Message 19 of 30
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This is the first I've heard of mint. I'm going to check out that app.

But what I typically do is have a note sheet on my phone that lists balances and due dates ofy credit cards. It was definitely easier to remember dates when I had only two or three credit cards.

I'm a huge fan of mint.  Although I still login directly to my accounts on a bi-monthly basis at the very least.  Sometimes the account logins on mint break even though you haven't changed your password.  That can be annoying but it is a free service.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.