Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any benefits to hidden TL?

tag
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

Re: any benefits to hidden TL?

It's not deceptive - there's no law that says any creditor HAS to report.

It costs the lender money to pay the CRAs to report; who is anyone to tell them how they should spend it?  Except maybe shareholders, or taxpayers Smiley Wink if they took TARP funds.

Message 21 of 24
score_building
Senior Contributor

@mt2va wrote:

Actually it would help me out a lot if it would report as my utilization is a little high right now as we are doing some major remodeling projects.

Also I found out another great benefit on the Medkey card that if you pay the balance in full during any given month they will give you a 10% discount on the amount due.   

nice perk!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 22 of 24
DI
Super Contributor

@ma_fico wrote:

It's not deceptive - there's no law that says any creditor HAS to report.

It costs the lender money to pay the CRAs to report; who is anyone to tell them how they should spend it?  Except maybe shareholders, or taxpayers Smiley Wink if they took TARP funds.

There's no law that says creditors have to report an account when it goes to collections either, but they do.  It cost them even more.  

Message 23 of 24
score_building
Senior Contributor

Dl wrote:  There's no law that says creditors have to report an account when it goes to collections either, but they do.  It cost them even more.  

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.