Regular Contributor
ma_fico

Re: any benefits to hidden TL?

It's not deceptive - there's no law that says any creditor HAS to report.

It costs the lender money to pay the CRAs to report; who is anyone to tell them how they should spend it?  Except maybe shareholders, or taxpayers :smileywink: if they took TARP funds.

Senior Contributor
score_building

mt2va wrote:

Actually it would help me out a lot if it would report as my utilization is a little high right now as we are doing some major remodeling projects.

Also I found out another great benefit on the Medkey card that if you pay the balance in full during any given month they will give you a 10% discount on the amount due.   

nice perk!

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Super Contributor
DI

ma_fico wrote:

It's not deceptive - there's no law that says any creditor HAS to report.

It costs the lender money to pay the CRAs to report; who is anyone to tell them how they should spend it?  Except maybe shareholders, or taxpayers :smileywink: if they took TARP funds.

There's no law that says creditors have to report an account when it goes to collections either, but they do.  It cost them even more.  

Senior Contributor
score_building

Dl wrote:  There's no law that says creditors have to report an account when it goes to collections either, but they do.  It cost them even more.  

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}