cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any card has 5% for for restaurant all over the year?

tag
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

Re: any card has 5% for for restaurant all over the year?

@BluePoodle wrote:

@pastnow123 wrote:

yes. There are.

Three cards I'm aware of are: Salie Mae, US Bank cash+, and Citi Foward

You do not get 5% with SM

Yes. you're right. SM is for Grocery and Gas. It would be a nice combo with 5% restaurant card

Message 31 of 33
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

I appreciate this thread. My husband and I are getting ready to go international for a month so we are using Arrivals. Once the AF hit, though (in December) we were going to change cards. We basically have 3 big categories: gas, groceries, eating out. We figured the Sallie Mae card would take care of gas/groceries, but we were looking for something for  restaurants. I hesitated with US Bank because I heard the site is ancient and customer service is offshore and not helpful. I like the idea of restaurant gift cards, but that boxes us in to certain places, but I suppose we could just get a visa prepaid card... Ugh, decisions, decisions. Hubby just wants to get the US Bank card... I don't have to call into customer service that often, but when I do I don't want to deal with shoddy service. 

I have always had first class service from US Bank and very helpful. First I have heard of off shore customer service but I have only been with them for 2 1/2 years.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 32 of 33
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@barbaralee wrote:

I appreciate this thread. My husband and I are getting ready to go international for a month so we are using Arrivals. Once the AF hit, though (in December) we were going to change cards. We basically have 3 big categories: gas, groceries, eating out. We figured the Sallie Mae card would take care of gas/groceries, but we were looking for something for  restaurants. I hesitated with US Bank because I heard the site is ancient and customer service is offshore and not helpful. I like the idea of restaurant gift cards, but that boxes us in to certain places, but I suppose we could just get a visa prepaid card... Ugh, decisions, decisions. Hubby just wants to get the US Bank card... I don't have to call into customer service that often, but when I do I don't want to deal with shoddy service. 

I have always had first class service from US Bank and very helpful. First I have heard of off shore customer service but I have only been with them for 2 1/2 years.

Honestly, I do not know. I heard about them being offshore from the people here. Smiley Surprised

But I could be confusing it with another bank.

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.