Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any ideas? can't get a card...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: any ideas? can't get a card...

If you live overseas, why don't you get credit overseas? then you won't pay international fees on us credit card.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

not to hijack thread but got quick question on penfed... I already opened account and got hard pull from EQ.... so my question is from what you said earlier..
I should apply for CC anyways cause I already got hit form from EQ and it wont cost me another hit? I got one baddie CO from 2004 and score is posted below. oh and 1 other CA baddie falling off 2008/12. thanx

And back to other guy...
have you tried the pre-qual site on BofA? maybe something fits and it a soft pull.

anyways im still new at this... just thought i throw that in
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed won't pull new report if the last pull was w/i 90 days.
Message 13 of 17
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

You already ate the hard inquiry - you might as well ask for the card, or anything else you might want for matter. It wont cost you anything more except maybe a few minutes. Be square with them and don't ask for too much too soon. Depending on your income, I would ask for the rewards card with a $5K CL, get a foot in the door, then request a CLI in two months. The CLI request will not cost you another hard inq. That's the program I'm on. So far so good.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmbfl wrote:
You already ate the hard inquiry - you might as well ask for the card, or anything else you might want for matter. It wont cost you anything more except maybe a few minutes. Be square with them and don't ask for too much too soon. Depending on your income, I would ask for the rewards card with a $5K CL, get a foot in the door, then request a CLI in two months. The CLI request will not cost you another hard inq. That's the program I'm on. So far so good.

you received a cli within 2 months of obtaining penfed cc?
Message 15 of 17
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

I asked for a CLI from PenFed one or two days after getting approved. Didn't even have the card yet. 7500 to 15000. Took about ten minutes on the website, Enough time to log off and then back in.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 16 of 17
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

I got my increase from $5K to $10K within two weeks of my original app. When you app they internally approve you for an amount which may exceed the CL you asked for. They will then grant you a CL = to what you asked for. In that case the CLI is automatic if you are not asking for a total amount of CL in excess of that previously determined internal number. If it does they will probably run you through a few more hoops. Mine increase was available on my card within 72 hours of my asking for it
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.