cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any new cards coming out these past few and upcoming months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

any new cards coming out these past few and upcoming months?

title.

Message 1 of 122
121 REPLIES 121
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: any new cards coming out these past few and upcoming months?

None currently, if there was the people on Fico would probably break the application for it Smiley Tongue

I have a feeling Capital One might be releasing a new card, just a feeling but not sure how they can top Citi DC. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 122
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

^This 1000%
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:

None currently, if there was the people on Fico would probably break the application for it Smiley Tongue

I have a feeling Capital One might be releasing a new card, just a feeling but not sure how they can top Citi DC. 

3 Bureau credit pull though - any exceptions for first-time credit card applicants? I feel like C(r)ap 1 doesn't really have good cards.

Message 4 of 122
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It's just my opinion but if Cap One comes out with something I would assume it would be a category spend card. If they wanted to do a 2% cashback card like DC, I'd think they would simply add that benefit to QS rather than creating a whole new product.

Message 5 of 122
ryox03
Regular Contributor

Not sure why people still refer to them as Crap 1. I personally feel that they have come a LONG way. The QS might not be a monster card but if you put heavy spend through it , it pays for itself rather easily if you have the annual fee. If not, even better.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 6 of 122
ryox03
Regular Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

It's just my opinion but if Cap One comes out with something I would assume it would be a category spend card. If they wanted to do a 2% cashback card like DC, I'd think they would simply add that benefit to QS rather than creating a whole new product.

Isn't the DC 1% on purchase, 1% on payment? If they added that feature I wonder if they would dial back the percents to match it.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 7 of 122
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@ryox03 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Isn't the DC 1% on purchase, 1% on payment? If they added that feature I wonder if they would dial back the percents to match it.

My point is more I don't see why they'd come out with a new 1%/1% or 2% cashback card when they have the QS; I'd say we are going to be looking at something totally different

Message 8 of 122
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Skye12329 wrote:

I sure wish they would... even though they 'triple pull' they tend to like me, and you don't have to worry about actually 'using' your CL with them.

Message 9 of 122
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@ryox03 wrote:

Not sure why people still refer to them as Crap 1. I personally feel that they have come a LONG way. The QS might not be a monster card but if you put heavy spend through it , it pays for itself rather easily if you have the annual fee. If not, even better.

+1000

I couldn't agree more.  They were solid back when I was rebuilding, and they have been generous with me in my more prosperous times. 

Further, they don't spook easily, and for a general-spend card the rewards aren't bad, either.  Actually, when I ever have an issue with another card, I just pull out the Quicksilver - it 'just works'. 

Message 10 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.