cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any new cards coming out these past few and upcoming months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: any new cards coming out these past few and upcoming months?

@Skye12329 wrote:

None currently, if there was the people on Fico would probably break the application for it Smiley Tongue

I have a feeling Capital One might be releasing a new card, just a feeling but not sure how they can top Citi DC. 

Okay, you officially made me laugh out loud. Smiley Very Happy

Message 71 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

bump

Trust me, if a new card is released there will be 10 threads about it under CCs to discuss the card, another 10 under apps for people whose apps went pending, and under 10 under approvals. It will not be a hidden event!

Now that's a fact! 

Message 72 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditScholar wrote:

Anyone have an opinion on the new Amtrak card by BofA?

It used to be offered through Chase, but their new rewards program has been completely overhauled.

Yes..... Its great.  Great value bonus too ($500-$1000 or more).  Sucks that chase UR is losing Amtrak soon as a transfer partner. In my mind I envisioned having a CSP one day.  Just living on the rails and using only a CSP/Freedom. Lol.

Its a great way to earn 5 amtrak points per dollar spent, the companion pass is nice (could be worth quite a bit), not sure I'd use the acelea pass though, and the business class upgrade is cool.  The 20k points are generous. Amtrak points will be worth around 2.9 cents each after january 1st. Not gonna lie, my goal is possibly to use my 20k for a bedroom car as those tend to be pretty pricey.

Plus the ability to change to the non AF version and still earn 4 agr points per dollar on amtrak travel is nice.

Not gonna lie, I was pretty certain that the 2 points per dollar spent on travel, that it also covered transportation, like busses or public transit...but it doesnt. Just for cruises, hotels, car rentals, etc.

Super hard to get approved for though, lemme tell ya.  Curious to see how lucrative points/cash bookings will be.

Message 73 of 122
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

Anyone have an opinion on the new Amtrak card by BofA?

It used to be offered through Chase, but their new rewards program has been completely overhauled.

Yes..... Its great.  Great value bonus too ($500-$1000 or more).  Sucks that chase UR is losing Amtrak soon as a transfer partner. In my mind I envisioned having a CSP one day.  Just living on the rails and using only a CSP/Freedom. Lol.

Its a great way to earn 5 amtrak points per dollar spent, the companion pass is nice (could be worth quite a bit), not sure I'd use the acelea pass though, and the business class upgrade is cool.  The 20k points are generous. Amtrak points will be worth around 2.9 cents each after january 1st. Not gonna lie, my goal is possibly to use my 20k for a bedroom car as those tend to be pretty pricey.

Plus the ability to change to the non AF version and still earn 4 agr points per dollar on amtrak travel is nice.

Not gonna lie, I was pretty certain that the 2 points per dollar spent on travel, that it also covered transportation, like busses or public transit...but it doesnt. Just for cruises, hotels, car rentals, etc.

Super hard to get approved for though, lemme tell ya.  Curious to see how lucrative points/cash bookings will be.

Oh, gonna have to look into this!

Thanks!

Message 74 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super hard to get approved for is right!!!!!  I tried, rather unsuccessfully I might add, to PC from the Platinum Plus to the new AGR.  Well, that went down in flames.  So I straight up cold apped.... denied!!!  Reasons given in the letter?  Balances to revolving limits too low (BS Excuse), not enough history with BofA (been a cardholder with them since March 2014, another BS Excuse), and FICO score (they pulled EQ, which is at 734, that is the only excuse they gave that seems reasonable).  No baddies to speak of, and AAoA is at 3 years.  So, I may get spunky and Recon... or just wait until January and app again when I go for the Marriott Rewards card.

Message 75 of 122
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Super hard to get approved for is right!!!!!  I tried, rather unsuccessfully I might add, to PC from the Platinum Plus to the new AGR.  Well, that went down in flames.  So I straight up cold apped.... denied!!!  Reasons given in the letter?  Balances to revolving limits too low (BS Excuse), not enough history with BofA (been a cardholder with them since March 2014, another BS Excuse), and FICO score (they pulled EQ, which is at 734, that is the only excuse they gave that seems reasonable).  No baddies to speak of, and AAoA is at 3 years.  So, I may get spunky and Recon... or just wait until January and app again when I go for the Marriott Rewards card.

Wow... forgive my ignorance here, but are they actually implying that they would view you more favorably if you owed more money?

I can understand denying somebody if they think you have too much available credit for your income, but I would think in that case they would simply say so, which they didn't for you. 

Message 76 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

YUP! I dont get it. They are so intermittent with approvals too.  I apped, denied, apped joint with a current boa member wtih 800's, 6 inquiries, denied. Had to recon to get approved. Only reason I did it joint was they can still get the bonus and I wanted in STAT with boa.  In a year we can split the account.

They wont PC to AGR. That wont ever happen often.  The only thing that is PC friendly is TR, CR, Bank Americard, etc.  I would definitely get on the phone and recon more than once if required.

Message 77 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow... forgive my ignorance here, but are they actually implying that they would view you more favorably if you owed more money?

I can understand denying somebody if they think you have too much available credit for your income, but I would think in that case they would simply say so, which they didn't for you. 

I guess????  I don't understand half the things BofA does.  One would think, being a new card, they would be pushing it hard.  But, then again, it is a rather niche market card.  Maybe they just don't think I really ride Amtrak 50+ times a year (10-20 of those trips being long distance trains, and the Autotrain).  Eh, I will get it eventually, I am in no hurry.  I am more irritated at the BS excuses they threw in.  I can understand if they feel a score above 734 is warranted for this card, but the others?  HA! 

Message 78 of 122
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess????  I don't understand half the things BofA does.  One would think, being a new card, they would be pushing it hard.  But, then again, it is a rather niche market card.  Maybe they just don't think I really ride Amtrak 50+ times a year (10-20 of those trips being long distance trains, and the Autotrain).  Eh, I will get it eventually, I am in no hurry.  I am more irritated at the BS excuses they threw in.  I can understand if they feel a score above 734 is warranted for this card, but the others?  HA! 

That's just crazy... it's like they don't want folks to get their new card!

I know the Amtrack card is the one you really want, but if you're looking for 3% off your rail purchases the Sam's Club Mastercard would give that as well, as they don't carve-out train/rail travel like some products do (for example, the BoA AAA Visa card gives 3% cash back for travel, with the clear exception of rail - I've never understood this, unless they're trying to 'push' their Amtrack card, which doesn't seem to be the case, either).

The Sam's Club MC isn't a 'perfect' replacement for the Amtrack card, since you have to wait until each February to get the cash and it requires a Sam's Club membership, but it could fill a void for the 3% cash back on rail purchases if the Amtrack card proves to be elusive.  I've done quite well with my own on hotel expenses, not to mention 3% off restaurants/fast food as well as 5% off gas.  I don't even shop as Sam's very often, and I'm still able to justify the membership fee due to the cash back I'm getting from the card.

I actually discovered the Sam's MC when BoA declined me for the AAA Visa.  In a strange 'twist', it actually worked out for the best, at least in my case!  Smiley Wink

Message 79 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

uh yeah...10 trips a year alone would make the card with it. 20, a no brainer.

Yeah besides the awesome equally elusive sams MC (UncleB you lucky dog) which is 3%, the only other one would be the citi premier with 3x points so around 5.5% in value.  The great thing about amtrak is, after jan1 the points will be worth 2.625-2.9 cents each, so esentially its almost 14% in return.....  Now the best value would be getting that 20k bonus and using it before jan 1st on a roomette.

Message 80 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.