Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any way to get citi cli via soft pull?

tag
Agent86
New Contributor

any way to get citi cli via soft pull?

I see several references to people getting citi clis, some via hard pull, some via soft pull. Any way to control which method they use?
Citi Platinum Dividend $34,600 line, 14.2%%
Bank of America Platinum Rewards, $85,000 line, 13.99%
Discover It $50,000 line, 20.9%
Amex Blue Cash Preferred $18,000 line, 9.99%
Capital One Venture One, $8,500 line, 20.9%
Amex Hilton Honors $25,000 line, 17.24%

Amex Delta Platinum, 20,000 line, 22.99%
Belk store card, $124 line, 15%, $0 balance on all cards
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: any way to get citi cli via soft pull?

IME all CLI requests through Citi have been SP's if requested online.  You could always call and request one and only give authorization for a SP...

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 2 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

when you hit the online luv button and enter the requested info, it will approve, deny, or state that further review i.e. credit pull may be needed-so can back out at that point to avoid an HP. GL.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 13
Agent86
New Contributor

if it says, "by submitting this form you authorize Citi Bank, NA to obtain and review your credit history" does that mean HP will result?

Message 4 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

Not IME, of course no guarantees, may want to have reports on ice if it is a concern.

Message 5 of 13
Agent86
New Contributor

On ice?

Message 6 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

He means you can freeze your reports. Not worth spending $15-60 bucks just to prevent 1 inquiry though IMO.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
He means you can freeze your reports. Not worth spending $15-60 bucks just to prevent 1 inquiry though IMO.

I would have to disagree... I like the fact that my reports are frozen.. it keeps me from spontaneously applying for credit and it also protects my identity from would be theives..

After going through the process of correcting identity theft with my DH, The fee for freezing and unfreezing reports is small compared to the value of my time + postage $$ spent on correcting information that was added to DH's report because of ID theft.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

If one is freezing his reports for fraud related purposes, I can totally understand.

Freezing reports just to prevent HP however isnt really a feasible idea. It might make the app process a little more expensive and 3mins longer, but if there's a will there's going to be a way. Best way is to practice self discipline and control.

Score building is recommending OP freeze reports just to avoid 1 HP from citi. Paying to freeze isnt going to guarantre OP will get any cli through SP either, and he has to unfreeze it again later on. IMO I very much rather take the risk that citi might pull an inquiry than to pony up the money. That's just me of course.

I agree with what you said as well, especially if fraud is a big concern.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:
If one is freezing his reports for fraud related purposes, I can totally understand.

Freezing reports just to prevent HP however isnt really a feasible idea. It might make the app process a little more expensive and 3mins longer, but if there's a will there's going to be a way. Best way is to practice self discipline and control.

Score building is recommending OP freeze reports just to avoid 1 HP from citi. Paying to freeze isnt going to guarantre OP will get any cli through SP either, and he has to unfreeze it again later on. IMO I very much rather take the risk that citi might pull an inquiry than to pony up the money. That's just me of course.

I agree with what you said as well, especially if fraud is a big concern.

OP seemed to be concerned about an HP for CLI so  he *may* want to consider freezing *if* he is a candidate based on the overall benefits of doing so; not merely in connection with a single CLI request.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.