cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody get approved for the NRA visa by FNBO?

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: anybody get approved for the NRA visa by FNBO?

not really 9.9% but it donates 10 cents for every swipe to the NRA

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 11 of 38
enharu
Super Contributor

i would recommend you just get a card with better rewards from a more reputable bank, and do the donation to NRA yourself. Assuming 100 swipes a month, thats a mere $10 in donations.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 38
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I tried when my FICOs were touching 700, but that was a few years ago. Denied due to new credit. They seemed sensitive to that, or at least then.

Message 13 of 38
swpopham
Established Contributor

I dunno, If new accounts kicks you out we never have a chance of getting one. Sara's instant declined and mine is still pending..I get where I hate credit cards but love them the same

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 14 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 15 of 38
jwduke
Regular Contributor

FNBO is HARD to get a card from. I was denied a CC last year with a 753 score & 2 inquires (That was too many!)

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 38
swpopham
Established Contributor

got the email this morning and its still pending! damn, the jepordy theme song comes to mind. Guess it wasnt an instant decline like I thought, I will update if I get an anwer

Message 17 of 38
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

got the email this morning and its still pending! damn, the jepordy theme song comes to mind. Guess it wasnt an instant decline like I thought, I will update if I get an anwer

Let us know what you find out!!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 18 of 38
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I wanted this card bad too. I was declined when I applied for it. When I did the recon, the credit analyst I spoke with said the bank rarely approves credit cards with bankruptcy. They manually review all applications.

She did suggest that if I were too bank with them, I could get a secured credit card. Then after prooving myself to them, try again for the NRA Visa. That's not a viable option for me as I live on the east coast.

Message 19 of 38
swpopham
Established Contributor

still pending as of 1:45pm cst today.... still waiting they are saying SOB his file is like 40 pages lol!

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.