Established Contributor
swpopham

Re: anybody get approved for the NRA visa by FNBO?

not really 9.9% but it donates 10 cents for every swipe to the NRA

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Super Contributor
enharu

i would recommend you just get a card with better rewards from a more reputable bank, and do the donation to NRA yourself. Assuming 100 swipes a month, thats a mere $10 in donations.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

I tried when my FICOs were touching 700, but that was a few years ago. Denied due to new credit. They seemed sensitive to that, or at least then.

Established Contributor
swpopham

I dunno, If new accounts kicks you out we never have a chance of getting one. Sara's instant declined and mine is still pending..I get where I hate credit cards but love them the same

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
09Lexie

ryanbush wrote:

dodgeball wrote:

It supports the NRA, enough said

+1

+1000!

Contributor
jwduke

FNBO is HARD to get a card from. I was denied a CC last year with a 753 score & 2 inquires (That was too many!)

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 765 (01/19/14)
Goal Score: 780+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
swpopham

[ Edited ]

got the email this morning and its still pending! damn, the jepordy theme song comes to mind. Guess it wasnt an instant decline like I thought, I will update if I get an anwer

Valued Contributor
ryanbush

swpopham wrote:

got the email this morning and its still pending! damn, the jepordy theme song comes to mind. Guess it wasnt an instant decline like I thought, I will update if I get an anwer

Let us know what you find out!!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Regular Contributor
Guyatthebeach

I wanted this card bad too. I was declined when I applied for it. When I did the recon, the credit analyst I spoke with said the bank rarely approves credit cards with bankruptcy. They manually review all applications.

She did suggest that if I were too bank with them, I could get a secured credit card. Then after prooving myself to them, try again for the NRA Visa. That's not a viable option for me as I live on the east coast.

Established Contributor
swpopham

still pending as of 1:45pm cst today.... still waiting they are saying SOB his file is like 40 pages lol!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+