Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody see the news about 5/3

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

anybody see the news about 5/3

they are under $10 a share and slashed dividends sharply. i wonder if wells or someone else is going to make a play for them?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: anybody see the news about 5/3

I heard B of A was shopping them..Smiley Surprised
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

well boa or chase are certainly in better shape to go after them, but historicaly wells has been waiting in the shadows. however, i don't think wells is in much better shape than 5/3 and chase just made a fire sale aquisition.
Message 3 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Banks are in hot water. I bought stock in Citi and National City. I lost 70% of value on National City Stock and 40% value on Citi Stock. I am keeping them for long term and hopefully at some time they bounce back. For not it is a waste. I would not invest on any of the bank or financial stocks in the current market.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

the high for 5/3 was in like '02 at around $70 a share, if my memory is accurate. i'm kind of thinking they can't go much lower, not that i'm willing to put money on it though.
Message 5 of 18
felixfly2000
Contributor

Wow, that's news to me. I have one of their cards. Like it and use it quite a bit b/c of the intro rate of 0%. Maybe I should make a big payment this month.
Message 6 of 18
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Yeah, not a good time for bank stocks if you've been  sitting on them.  But it is a great time to buy them.  RBS is at $4.60, WaMu is $6.26, Barclays is down to $25.60 from $80.00+ just 8 months ago.  Buy Buy Buy!!!
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

unknown_entity wrote:
Buy Buy Buy!!!

visa, mc, or amex? i don't have a discover.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's a 5/3?
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

a major regional bank fifth third bank.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.