cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone apped for a CLI with AMEX after a few weeks of having the card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone apped for a CLI with AMEX after a few weeks of having the card?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: anyone apped for a CLI with AMEX after a few weeks of having the card?

Amex's policy is no CLI on a new account for 60 days, and then every six months after that.

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm coming up on 6 months and still cant get my 1st CLI.
Message 3 of 26
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

l9ikjam wrote:
I'm coming up on 6 months and still cant get my 1st CLI.

Do you mean you can't ask for one or they refused you one?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

---(anyone apped for a CLI with AMEX after a few weeks of having the card?)

People who like adventure might do this. As crazy as AmEx has been recently, wouldn't it be smart to kick back, do all the things that get posted here to do (use it a lot and PIF, over and over and over), and at month seven, see if they give you an auto-CLI? And if not, then ask.

I don't get this moth-and-candle-flame thing that so many AmEx cardholders have. Smiley Surprised

edit to add: sorry, this reply was for OP. It's hard to quote an empty text box.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-07-2008 12:16 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 26
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
---(anyone apped for a CLI with AMEX after a few weeks of having the card?)

People who like adventure might do this. As crazy as AmEx has been recently, wouldn't it be smart to kick back, do all the things that get posted here to do (use it a lot and PIF, over and over and over), and at month seven, see if they give you an auto-CLI? And if not, then ask.

I am absolutely waiting for the seventh statement before even thinking about it!!

haulingthescoreup wrote:

I don't get this moth-and-candle-flame thing that so many AmEx cardholders have. Smiley Surprised

I don't think it is restricted to Amex card holders!  There seem a lot of folks round here looking for CLIs every few months!
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, I am coming up on 6 months with them and had all the intentions in the world to ask for a CLI.  Now after hearing about all the horror stories I am going to sit back and let everything age, no inq's. 
Message 7 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I don't think it is restricted to Amex card holders!  There seem a lot of folks round here looking for CLIs every few months!

True, but you don't see quite as many bullet-ridden bodies as those of (former) AmEx holders... Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

After several attempts at a CLI I called AMEX to talk to a rep and was told to wait until May which would be my 6th month.
Message 9 of 26
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

l9ikjam wrote:
After several attempts at a CLI I called AMEX to talk to a rep and was told to wait until May which would be my 6th month.

Careful - they may be taking notes  Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.