Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone know amex reporting time?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone know amex reporting time?

Does anyone know how long it takes for amex to report to CRA's? I just got the card a few weeks ago...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Re: anyone know amex reporting time?

Yeah I just got my card about three weeks ago and have the same question.
Message 2 of 8
Mindnumb
New Contributor

I find they report me at the first of each month, but I cannot for the life of me figure where the amount of my balance comes from. I have three cards with one of them having an automatic $ 130.00 a month charged to it. I pay this promptly a day or so after the bill cycles. Some months it reports $ 130, some $ 260 and some $ 0.

When I did pay them down a few months ago (all of my revolving charges) it took 2 1/2 months for them to finally show the payments.

AMEX has been good to me, but they are the least predicitable reporter of all my creditors.
Message 3 of 8
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

What's the $130 charge/month for?
Message 4 of 8
Mindnumb
New Contributor

@SpecFile wrote:
What's the $130 charge/month for?

Internet, phone and cable.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex is pretty good for reporting on time. For me they report a week after statement closing date.
Message 6 of 8
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Ahhhh,  I thought it was an AMEX fee or something.  Couldn't figure that one out.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have three cards, for about three months now.  I finally figured out the reporting cycle.

Each card has its own statement ending date (usually about ten days after payment due date).  Whatever the balance is at midnight of the statement end date it what is reported

However, they report all cards on the last day of the month, regardless of when the statement end date was during that month.  I usually make a small payment on the payment date, and then make a bulk payment on the day of the statement end date.  Then, the almost fully paid off balance is what is reported at the end of the month. regardless if I max out the card between the statement end date and the last day of the month.

Hope this helps. 
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.