cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone know anything about authorized users?

tag

anyone know anything about authorized users?

My girlfriend has a Furniture Row card but doesn't know if she can add me as an authorized user.

Does anyone know if that's possible with that card? It's through Cap 1.

She can't find it anywhere online on her account where she can do that.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: anyone know anything about authorized users?

@heytherehitherehothere wrote:

My girlfriend has a Furniture Row card but doesn't know if she can add me as an authorized user.

Does anyone know if that's possible with that card? It's through Cap 1.

She can't find it anywhere online on her account where she can do that.

my guess would be no, unless it's a Visa/Mastercard/Amex/Discover branded card not many companies will allow AU's from what I've seen. GECRB does but not sure about others.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 4
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

While I cannot comment on your relationship, I wouldn't take adding someone as an AU lightly.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 3 of 4

Well it is a light situation, really.

Card is at $0 balance with 1,200 limit. She's going to request an increase and see if they'll make me an AU.

She's had the card a little over a year and I've helped her out by making her an AU on my Walmart CC.

It just doesn't seem that this card will allow it, though.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.