cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone receive their new gamestop card yet??

tag
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Re: anyone receive their new gamestop card yet??

I wish they had a Visa/MC version.  I hate cards I can only use in one place.

Message 71 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CardHunter wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I didn't get the card, but I did get a nifty letter from comenity. I'm not entirely sure how their scoring model works.

Your credit score as of 10-04-2014: 947.

In the scoring system we used, scores can range from 1 to the best possible score, 999.

Smiley Indifferent

Don't feel bad I apped for a Tigerdirect card last week from Comenity and got the 7 - 10 day msg and when the decline letter came in it say they couldn't approve me because I was under the age of 18 LOL. which is funny because I am 38 and hold 4 other Comenity cards. I just don't get this bank at times. No hard pull was done so I just said forget it.

Wow, are you serious? Smiley Indifferent

Message 72 of 84
bxfinestcocoa
Valued Member

I actually had gotten the regular card and then attached my power up rewards account to my card since the rewards account is in my husbands name.  A little after a couple of weeks after use I then received the day 1 edition card.

Message 73 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

i don't see why this card even exists. it's junk. discover card gives 5% back at Gamestop. why not just use discover?

Message 74 of 84
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Maybe they do not have Discover.  Remember, what may be the card for you, might not be the card for someone else. 

Message 75 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@09Lexie wrote:

Maybe they do not have Discover.  Remember, what may be the card for you, might not be the card for someone else. 

Everyone should Discover the goodness that is. Smiley Tongue

Message 76 of 84
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

everyone is in different parts of their rebuilding, so some people don't have that option or choose not to opt for that option.  Everyones situtation is different.  I actually have the card one of the two store cards I have, why I have it, I don't have a clue as I used it once and the rewards are simply put "crud"...  This is truely one card I have complete remorse over.  I will let the lender close it, on the other hand my jcrew is growing nicely and should be at 5k in 3 more months assuming I follow other peoples path since I am at 850 now..  Still could of done without the jcrew as well, but it is actually a decent card with some decent deals on clothing that are on sale with potential for util.

Message 77 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

everyone is in different parts of their rebuilding, so some people don't have that option or choose not to opt for that option.  Everyones situtation is different.  I actually have the card one of the two store cards I have, why I have it, I don't have a clue as I used it once and the rewards are simply put "crud"...  This is truely one card I have complete remorse over.  I will let the lender close it, on the other hand my jcrew is growing nicely and should be at 5k in 3 more months assuming I follow other peoples path since I am at 850 now..  Still could of done without the jcrew as well, but it is actually a decent card with some decent deals on clothing that are on sale with potential for util.

Only open store cards you will use. Smiley Happy

Message 78 of 84
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Only open store cards you will use. Smiley Happy

Cute.  Smiley Tongue  .. My one mistake, don't make to many.

Message 79 of 84
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@reneasworld wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
This is an awful credit card... I hope, sincerely that no one who educates themselves on these forums is smart/informed enough to not apply for this card.

^^^^ Wow, kind of harsh words. I considered myself to be educated on the forums and I did get the card. I go to the store almost every week for my son who is a serious gamer. There is no annual fee and I get extra points for usage. So, why not use the credit card for purchases and then pay and get the extra points and rewards. FYI, I received $25 off a game for my son today with the points with the power up and for signing up.

Anyway, to the OP, I have not received it as of yet but the sales clerk in the store said she received her today and said I should be getting mine soon.

This goes to show that Store Cards have value for those that frequent there enough. You fit that category.

Message 80 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.