cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone tried citi cli before six months?

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

anyone tried citi cli before six months?

my citi thankyou just hit the three months mark, and i can not wait to fire a cli. anyone success cli before six months on such card? thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Re: anyone tried citi cli before six months?

Of course you can try at anytime. However, your account must be open for at least 6 months to the day in order to be considered for an increase and there is no guarantee that you will get one. A year ago they were giving increases every 3 months to those whose accounts where opened longer than 6 months, but they have since stopped doing that. They are given out  every six months . Some will get a hard pull, others will get a Soft. Can't tell you what they base that on.  Hope that answers your questionSmiley Tongue

Message 2 of 10
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I asked for one 1 day after I was approved and they did a hard pull and said were sorry you must wait 6 months to ask for a cli. 

Thank you for your interest in an increase in your credit line.

We regret we are unable to grant an increase at this time. Your account must be opened for

at least six months before we can consider a higher credit line.

Please resubmit your request after this six month period and we will review it at that time.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you.

Sincerely,

Message 3 of 10
plasticguy
Established Contributor

@ShiningDown wrote:

I asked for one 1 day after I was approved and they did a hard pull and said were sorry you must wait 6 months to ask for a cli. 

Thank you for your interest in an increase in your credit line.

We regret we are unable to grant an increase at this time. Your account must be opened for

at least six months before we can consider a higher credit line.

Please resubmit your request after this six month period and we will review it at that time.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you.

Sincerely,

Are you saying that you have 2 hards from CIti within 1 week?
Message 4 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

You can try, but you will be denied 100%. You need to wait after your 7th statement before requesting a CLI.

Message 5 of 10
stone
Regular Contributor

thank you guys, i will definitely wait until my 7 statements.

Message 6 of 10
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I did, got the 30 minute message but nothing yet AND they did a HP TU despite that report being frozen!! >_< How did they get a HP with a frozen report?

Message 7 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

I did, got the 30 minute message but nothing yet AND they did a HP TU despite that report being frozen!! >_< How did they get a HP with a frozen report?

Cause a frozen report does not stop lender you already have relationship with to HP.

Message 8 of 10
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Odd because Bank of America, Macy's/DSNB, Chase, Discover, American Express, Capital One and HSBC can't pull a hard if frozen even with an existing relationship. I know because I have tried and all will say you must unfreeze or no decision.

Message 9 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Odd because Bank of America, Macy's/DSNB, Chase, Discover, American Express, Capital One and HSBC can't pull a hard if frozen even with an existing relationship. I know because I have tried and all will say you must unfreeze or no decision.

This does not mean security freeze will stop every single HP. You should never rely on security freeze to stop HP. CLI is asking for more credit, and by definition, gives lender every right to HP.

This is from Experian,

A security freeze generally does not apply to circumstances in which you have an existing account relationship and a copy of your report is requested by your existing creditor or its agents or affiliates for certain types of account review, collection, fraud control or similar activities.

This is from Equifax,

There are various exceptions to a security freeze, including those which vary by state law, and those under the Equifax voluntary security freeze program that may allow someone to access your credit report. However, some common exceptions are the following:

* Companies that have a current account or relationship with you, and collection agencies acting on behalf of these companies
   * State or local agencies including law enforcement, child support agencies, trial courts pursuant to a warrant or subpoena
   * Credit monitoring companies
   * Companies that sell credit reports to consumers
   * Federal government agencies as permitted under the FCRA

TU does not list their exceptions, but TU does follow EX and EQ.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.