cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone try CLI for Citi?

tag

Re: anyone try CLI for Citi?

Checking my reports soon here. When would a new limit after increase appear...after that card statement closes?

All my cards are 0% so no interest accruing anywhere at this point.

Only reason I'd go for Cap1 is because I want to increase my available credit and also pay on my Citi card.

I don't get paid at work for another month. Payoffs aren't in my budget.

All I want is my limit increased with Citi. That's all. I have no available funds to pay off a good chunk at this point,

so that's why I'm considering the Cap1 card.

Why Cap1? Cause I have the offer and there's no BT fee. I've asked the forum what other options but no one has said anything.

Thank you for your input very much Tryon!

Message 21 of 24
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Typically the new limit appears after the close of the next statement.  Some places you can ask for it to be pushed through (worked with Discover).  AU's can be the same or take two months. 

I understand wanting to grow. 

If you can pay it down in the next 3-4 months, I think you would be in better shape to ask for a CLI from CITI, and then you should also be able to look at getting in with Chase at that point vs. Capital One. 

If you need it now though, take the shot, the worst thing that could happen is a HP. :-)

Message 22 of 24
babymixer
Regular Contributor

I was denied a CLI with citi the other day even though I have a good record with them.  It seems like they can be a little strict... no HP for me.  I'll try again in 6 months.  Good luck

cc's copy
Message 23 of 24
nash2vic
Valued Member

I asked for CLI on my AT&T card last month and they gave me +1000 to my CL. No SP or HP

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: EX FAKO 799 (Credit.com), TU FICO (Discover) 757 (4/19/14), TU MYFICO 738, EQ ?
Goal Score: 800

Amazon 3500 - PayPal Credit 6000 - Discover IT 9000 - AMEX TE 2000 - AMEX BCE 2000 - CITI TY 6000 - CITI Simplicity - 5900 - Chase Freedom 5800 - Chase Amazon 1700 - Macys 1000 - Cap 1 4000 - CITI Shell 1200 - Chase INK 2000 - CSP 10800 - BofA Cash 5000
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.