cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyway to get mortgage, utilities, car payments onto credit cards?

tag
wilmer007
Contributor

anyway to get mortgage, utilities, car payments onto credit cards?

I have an AMEX BCP card and a Chase Freedom Unlimited card and i would like to be able to put these on there for the cash back.

not sure if amazon payments is possible for this but my AMEX BCP does have 10% CB from amazon.com so i would really love to take advantage of that.

*****|$15,200|********|$13,500|***********|$5,000|*********|$25,000|***********|$500|
Highest Scores: Transunion 08: 821 | Equifax VantageScore 3.0: 780 | Experian 08: 804 | gardening until May 2018 or longer.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: anyway to get mortgage, utilities, car payments onto credit cards?

My Amex BCP has been the toughest card to use this way, as most billers don't accept it.
You can use Plastiq for certain bills like mortgages. The fee's will it up most of your Cashback though. You have to catch them running a reduced fee promotion in order to earn anything from it.
The only items not paid for with CC's at the moment in my household are two auto payments. And I could do them the same. Just haven't bothered.

Make sure you do the math on that stuff before implementing it. For example my electric company charges. $2.xx in order to use a CC for payment. The most it will allow me to charge at one time is $600. So that is what I do with a 2% cash back card. I save $9.xx and the bill is paid nearly 3 month's in advance.
Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@wilmer007 wrote:

I have an AMEX BCP card and a Chase Freedom Unlimited card and i would like to be able to put these on there for the cash back.

not sure if amazon payments is possible for this but my AMEX BCP does have 10% CB from amazon.com so i would really love to take advantage of that.

amazon payments often (always?) doesn't count as an Amazon purchase so no special rewards are given.

As gmood1 says, Plastiq and similar sites offer cc payments with fees that eat most of the reward.    There are other ways which cannot be discussed here!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see a problem with putting those bills on credit cards. I would personally love to since I have the BCP and Discover IT, but my loan for my car doesn't accept credit cards, my mortgage company doesn't accept credit card payment, my electric company doesn't accept credit card payments. Only thing I can turly use my credit cards for with reoccuring bills is my cell phone bill and my son's insurance. Boo Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.