citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: app for CSP?

Chase likes to see a $5k LOC for greater than 6 months, prior to giving a $5k LOC. How long have you had the $3.5k card? Maybe ask for a CLI on that card first, and try to get it above $5k. I don't know how Inq. sensitive Chase is, but they make take the 11 into account as well. Score and income are def. good enough. Something to think about...

Also, they might deny you for being a Dallas fan. Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 2 of 6
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

10 mo's. have a freedom for 8, was hoping they'd take history into consideration.  might have to wait and let all them inq's falloff...

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 3 of 6
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

10 mo's. have a freedom for 8, was hoping they'd take history into consideration.  might have to wait and let all them inq's falloff...

Sounds like a plan.  From what I've gleaned from here, Chase is rather inquiry sensitive. 

Message 4 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

i would ask for a CLI increase right now.

then wait a few months for inquiries to fall off, or at least become >12 months. at the same time your history with chase will be longer.

and after that it's almost guaranteed you will be approved if everything looks like what it is right now + longer history.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@migliogiorni wrote:

Having my eye on the CSP not sure I would be able to get it.  Stats are

EQ: 723

Inqs: 11

AAOA: 2 yrs

Highest CL 3.5k

50k income, what yall think?heh

In my opinion you should garden for 6 months to 1 year and allow those inquiries to age off.  If most / all of the inquiries you have were mortgage or auto loan related, you may have a shot at recon. 

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.