cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app for Chase Slate or Freedom, or Both?

tag
1hardinquiry

app for Chase Slate or Freedom, or Both?

I have two pre-approved offers from Chase:

Freedom

0% APR purchases/BT's through 4/2014.

Then 18.99% after.

No AF

3% for BT's

Respond by 01/28/2013

Slate

0% APR purchases/BT's through 04/2014

Then 16.99% after.

No AF

0% BT fee within 60 days of account opening, then 3%.

Respond by 02/14/2013.

Can I app both for both? Does Chase allow 2 cards, if I were to app for both, or would I have to wait a couple years between the two?

I'd really like the Slate because of the free BT fee within 60 days, and as well my APR after the promo period will be lower than with the Freedom.

The Slate says, "this offer is yours if you respond by February 14th", does that mean I will definitely get it. I don't think that means auto approval, just

this offer stands for me until that time.

So let's vote:

1. App for Freedom

2. App for Slate

3. App for both??

Freedom is $100 back after $500 in purchases in first 3 months.

5% back with quarterly categories, up to $1500.

1% cash back on everything else, on every dollar spent on purchases.

I'd like the rewards, but I AM looking to do a balance transfer, as well.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: app for Chase Slate or Freedom, or Both?

You can app for both. I app'd for Chase Freedom and Chase Amazon within the same week. Both approved.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 5
1hardinquiry

Would Chase recognize a WM CC I'm an AU on?

TU reports this Walmart card at a paid off 700 limit from beginning of 2011.

EX reports WM card at 1100 limit with a balance but do they recognize charge cards at all?

Just wondering because I'm an AU on that card.

I have a Discover More that I'll be converting to Discover IT at the beginning of the new year that I'm wanting to

bring a balance down on.

If I app for both Freedom and Slate, will they see that and go, "No, no no."?

I just thought CCC's allowed only one account with one card, or am I wrong?

I'm going to wait to app because I'm wanting to go into Furniture Row to see if they'll increase my limit from 1200 to maybe 2.5 or 3k if

I tell them I'm going to make a purchase.

I talked to a rep through Cap1 for the Furniture Row card and she said I'd have to go in there to see if I can get an increase because

of the way they have different plan types for accounts through Cap1.

Message 3 of 5
LilNYC
New Contributor

How large of a balance transfer are you planning to do? If it's $3333 or less i'd say go for the freedom bc the $100 bonus will cover the 3% fee plus you'll continue to earn 1% back on purchases. No rewards at all with slate.keep in mind that chase is stingy with credit limits.
They usually only allow 1 personal credit card app within 30 days. It's likely the amazon card is looked at differently since it's a co branded
Card that you apply for on amazon's site and not the chase site. i doubt they'll approve two two if their internal cards at the same time.
Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 4 of 5
mrcrush20
New Contributor

+1

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.