Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app itch walmart

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

app itch walmart

I really think i want the walmart card for the TU08 version but then again I stop my from applying because in actuality, no one uses it.

please remind why i should get this score lol?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: app itch walmart

@oracles wrote:

I really think i want the walmart card for the TU08 version but then again I stop my from applying because in actuality, no one uses it.

For me.... I like to see how my TU is trending b/c the Scorewatch I've signed up for here gives me EQ. I'm not sure if this is valid or not though b/c I don't know if the TU's would trend together even though they may not be the same score. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@oracles wrote:

Free FICO score, when combined with free daily credit reports from creditkarma gives you a pretty good picture of your TU report for near zero cost. 

Then when you add in the benefits of the walmart card itself its pretty much a no brainer. 

CLI either auto or user initiated every 4-5 statements always soft pulls

upto $60 cash per transaction in no fee  at the register

semi-frequent no interest deals. 

good at Sam's Club that doesn't take VISA or AMEX cards (okay this one may only be important to me) 

and no AF for all these services. 

in 6 months went from a $900 limit to $1000... possible jump to $1400+ if they follow the GE CLI pattern in another 3 months. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 5
oracles
Valued Contributor

i understand what you mean james but if no one uses tu08 and mostly tu04, its possible that tu04 can trend downward while tu08 can trendupward since its different equations.

I just dont know if its worth it but i am still intrigue by it lol

Message 4 of 5
kjm79
Valued Contributor

@oracles wrote:

i understand what you mean james but if no one uses tu08 and mostly tu04, its possible that tu04 can trend downward while tu08 can trendupward since its different equations.

I just dont know if its worth it but i am still intrigue by it lol

Absolutely right.  You can't really compare the different scores but a FREE FICO is better than any FAKO out there any day.  As already stated, it's a no AF card, good financing deals at times, it's really costing you nothing but an inq.  Gas is cheaper at Sam's club too, if you can stand the long line. The TU08 Fico will at least tell you if what you're doing is working or not.  FAKO's can go up or down for any reason at any time just because they can. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.