Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app spree! few questions

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

app spree! few questions

Well after my success with NFCU and my new limit will get reported on Monday there are a few cards I'm targeting. There's only one problem they all pull TU! BOFA to unsecure my secured card, chase freedom, amazon, and Walmart. I really like Barclay's ring card but there is no way I can pull off 5 inquiries and be successful. At the moment I don't feel I qualify for discover or Citi with my one year AAOA and I don't quite think I really need a charge card from amex but haven't really looked into it.

I do have one unpaid derogatory from 2006 amount is 200 for a utility bill that falls off in about 5-6 mos. This I believe would keep me from discover or Citi maybe most likely chase too but I'm going to try.

I may have to recon chase and boa.

Any suggestions? Scores are in my sig
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: app spree! few questions

Why not get chase amazon instead of freedom and amazon?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 11
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

How many cards you need ? Do you know if you apps them all at one days ?? Creditor might not be able to see the recent inquiry. So if its a long term then there shouldnt be any problem. Some creditor like Amex or Discover sometime pull different CB to approved.To be honest with you, Your change getting the cards you want on your list pretty high......But if you plan apps for some cards then garden then i suggest you do them all at once so they all aged and heal at the same time.

With credit score closed to 700, you pretty get approved for some decent cards. The only thing is you probably get some ""toys "" limit. But if you only want to get some high limit cards then i suggest you wait a lil bit till your score get up higher than 700 and the collection account shuold be closed to drop off soon. Then your change should be higher than its right now.

Good luck with your spree and keep us updated.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 11
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Web what's the chase amazon? I know you have it that's why I ask. I believe GE would give me an initial higher limit than chase and seems more lenient towards cli's
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 4 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Chase amazon gives you 1 pt for every dollar on everything. 2 pts for everydollar on gas, restaurant and drugstore, and 3 pts on amazon purchases.

Mine came with a great limit. I also got a BT offer recently. 12 months no interest, 1 percent BT fee.

Most of my retail purchases are on amazon so I like it! No rotating catagories to keep track of. Sure it isn't the "best" rewards card, but it suits my needs since I'm not a fan of citi. Forward is a good card if you like citi
FICO 9:

Message 5 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

3000 pts is equivalent to 30 dollars. You can do cash back, statement credit, or pay with points at amazon.
FICO 9:

Message 6 of 11
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Plus they have a black version of the card that looks sweet!

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:
Well after my success with NFCU and my new limit will get reported on Monday there are a few cards I'm targeting. There's only one problem they all pull TU! BOFA to unsecure my secured card, chase freedom, amazon, and Walmart. I really like Barclay's ring card but there is no way I can pull off 5 inquiries and be successful. At the moment I don't feel I qualify for discover or Citi with my one year AAOA and I don't quite think I really need a charge card from amex but haven't really looked into it.

I do have one unpaid derogatory from 2006 amount is 200 for a utility bill that falls off in about 5-6 mos. This I believe would keep me from discover or Citi maybe most likely chase too but I'm going to try.

I may have to recon chase and boa.

Any suggestions? Scores are in my sig

re BofA, they recently  pulled EX, not TU, for me (hawaii)

Message 8 of 11
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

BOFA did pull ex on initial app but I do believe they pull tu to unsecure account. It would be better if they did pull ex

Message 9 of 11
Yankeefan
Valued Member

OP, where are located? I'm in CA and chase pulled EX.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.