Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app spree recommendations?

tag
burnednotice
Established Member

app spree recommendations?

Ok folks, here's my current situation:
Ex: 619, EQ: 661: TU: 670 (all FAKO, except EX which I got from BMW denial).
EQ and TU are clean except for 1- 30day late on Bloomingdales card from 2010.
EX still has 2 charge offs (HSBC, chase) both from 2006-2008 that I am currently GW and disputing.
Inquiries: BMW from 1 month ago, Chase freedom denial from last winter (9 months), 2 from TD a year ago.

My only positive tradelines are TD bank secured card for almost 1 year, and old closed Zales charge card (interestingly renamed to Citibank recently).

I'm trying hard to wait till the COs on EX come off before I start, but very anxious!

I only really want two things, Amex BCP and Chase Freedom. So I intend to app for:
Amex Zync
Chase Freedom
Walmart store card (GE)
Amazon store card (GE)

Zync is to get my foot in the door, Freedom because I really want it, and the GE cards for the periodic CLI. I also want to join 2 credit unions for interest checking/savings, but they do hard pulls.

How does my strategy look? Do I stand a high chance of approvals? What else should i app for? I don't want to waste hard pulls, and I really need to rehab my credit ASAP. Will be looking for mortgage in 1-2 years.

Starting Score: (USAA FAKO scores)
ex:579 eq:585 tu:603

Current Score: (7/2012) ex: 585 eq:663 tu:603
(8/2012) ex: 657 eq: 673 tu: 671

Goal Score: 850+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: app spree recommendations?

@burnednotice wrote:
Ok folks, here's my current situation:
Ex: 619, EQ: 661: TU: 670 (all FAKO, except EX which I got from BMW denial).
EQ and TU are clean except for 1- 30day late on Bloomingdales card from 2010.
EX still has 2 charge offs (HSBC, chase) both from 2006-2008 that I am currently GW and disputing.
Inquiries: BMW from 1 month ago, Chase freedom denial from last winter (9 months), 2 from TD a year ago.

My only positive tradelines are TD bank secured card for almost 1 year, and old closed Zales charge card (interestingly renamed to Citibank recently).

I'm trying hard to wait till the COs on EX come off before I start, but very anxious!

I only really want two things, Amex BCP and Chase Freedom. So I intend to app for:
Amex Zync
Chase Freedom
Walmart store card (GE)
Amazon store card (GE)

Zync is to get my foot in the door, Freedom because I really want it, and the GE cards for the periodic CLI. I also want to join 2 credit unions for interest checking/savings, but they do hard pulls.

How does my strategy look? Do I stand a high chance of approvals? What else should i app for? I don't want to waste hard pulls, and I really need to rehab my credit ASAP. Will be looking for mortgage in 1-2 years.

I would apply in this order too (the credit card list first) followed by the 2 CU's and if they are HP's, ask if they can use that same INQ for any credit apps (Make the most of it if you can!)

I don't think you will get Chase but won't hurt and you can recon a couple times... 

Message 2 of 7
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

First of all, you need to find out your real FICO scores, as you say those listed are FAKO's (except EX). I would say if you CO Chase in the past , you may not get in with them (possibly on a re-con). Why did they deny you when you apped 9 mos ago, and did you take care of the things listed in the denial letter?

Also, EX is your worst score, and you still have baddies reporting, so Zync is not guaranteed either. The GE cards will likely pull TU, and that score is decent. I would app for the GE cards, and then chill out until at least until the baddies are resolved on EX then I would do the Zync.

You should research the cards you want once you know your true FICO's, and make sure your scores/reports are in line with what people have that are getting approved. You have a short file, with a few baddies, you cannot afford to waste INQ's for cards you cannot get.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 3 of 7
burnednotice
Established Member

Chase previously denied me based on the CO and 2 active collections. I recently had the collections removed, and am currently GW the CO.

I agree, I intend to clear the baddies before applying, though I am getting very impatient!

Message 4 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

IMO, you should be able to get the GECRB cards with a $400-$800 limit pretty easily, maybe the Zync, but the Freedom will be hard to get and will likely require use of the backdoor number(s). I almost got denied for my Chase Freedom because of high util on one card, even though my overall util. was around like 15%.

You should be able to build thicker credit lines with the GECRB cards in a year, then potentially get the Freedom with a larger limit.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 7
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

You will get the two GE cards, albeit with low limits, but they will grow.

I would app the Zync, then GE cards, then freedom.

This way, if you are declined the zync, you will at least get your Ex score for free.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 7
burnednotice
Established Member

Update:
Zync $500 autopay
Amazon (GE) $600
Walmart (GE) $600
Paypal smartconnect $300
Freedom - under review
BofA bankamericard - review

Expected the results but was hoping for more. Disappointed with the $500 limit on the Zync, I think my $35k salary influenced it. I easily make 15-20k cash in various side jobs and gigs, but i don't report it. Can/should i tell them about that??
I will recon chase and BofA after the labor day weekend.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.