Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app with kay j

tag
creditchild
Regular Contributor

app with kay j

well i just applied with kay j,and they said they couldn't instantly approved me at this time

and they would get  with me in 20days. i thought it would be pretty easy after reading and

posting comments. i even took advice of marinevet and a couple of other people and

got my utilization down. i know its the begining of the month but my scores are where they were last month

its kinda of discouraging. i even did the score simulator at fico and according to it after doing

what i did my score would increase.still nothing. so i'm trying to stay optumistic. i've never

been instantly approved  and i thought today would be my day. so i guess i'll just wait and see

what happens with kay. i guess their manually reviewing it. oh,well just thought i'd let you all know.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: app with kay j

I'm sorry you got (possibly) declined. Sometimes you can do all the right things and still get bad news. If they do end up declining the application you can alaways call and ask for a recon (reconsideration).

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 4
ofiligrana
Valued Member

There has to be a reason for this though I got one very low limit 400 dollars when my scores were about 560 not much but my first ever retail card. I have never been late and even got me a nice Movado that was on sale with it paid 20% down and been paying it off just to get on there good side now that my scores are going up I will probably pay it off and just stick to using my Cap1 Card another low limit card. I just cant wait till the day I apply and get a card with a nice 5k+ limit not that I would use but knowing that you have a better chance of having low util. rate is very very nice.

Starting Score: 586TU 595EQ 580EX

Goal Score: 700TU 700EQ 720EX

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@creditchild wrote:

well i just applied with kay j,and they said they couldn't instantly approved me at this time

and they would get  with me in 20days. i thought it would be pretty easy after reading and

posting comments. i even took advice of marinevet and a couple of other people and

got my utilization down. i know its the begining of the month but my scores are where they were last month

its kinda of discouraging. i even did the score simulator at fico and according to it after doing

what i did my score would increase.still nothing. so i'm trying to stay optumistic. i've never

been instantly approved  and i thought today would be my day. so i guess i'll just wait and see

what happens with kay. i guess their manually reviewing it. oh,well just thought i'd let you all know.

Try not to lose hope. At least you have two major credit cards to help rebuild your credit. How long have you had the two cards? If you haven't had them for very long I'm wondering if that's why Kay Jewelers is acting a bit skiddish. I applied with Jareds back when my scores were similar to yours and they only gave me $1300 to start. Other people with lower scores were getting higher amounts from Kays and Jareds but I took what they gave me and tried to work with it. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.