Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apping for AMEX

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: apping for AMEX

BTW, i still haven't received an email from them so i'm not sure what the heck is going on?

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 11 of 14
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

thanks...i'll try that

I would just call. Same thing happened to me.

i tried submitting the way that was suggested by entering my card info on the right side. It worked, but I received a denial. I tried accessing my application and it kept giving me an error and stating my application was not accessable.

I called and the guy said since I tried applying 3 times that it may have messed up. So he suggested that i call the new accounts dept. tomorrow and see what they say about it.

If I was infact declined than its really no biggie since it was only a soft-pull and i will just way til Nov. or Dec. and try again.

Unforunately, it may be a decline. Their system is so glitchy these days. I recieved the same "your application is not available. blah blah blah. please try again later".  It actually still isn't available for me to view. I called and they were able to tell me the reasons why I was denied, but they wouldn't tell me my score, which would have been beneficial because I would have then realized that they had used an earlier credit report for their decision. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 12 of 14
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

thanks...i'll try that

i tried submitting the way that was suggested by entering my card info on the right side. It worked, but I received a denial. I tried accessing my application and it kept giving me an error and stating my application was not accessable.

I called and the guy said since I tried applying 3 times that it may have messed up. So he suggested that i call the new accounts dept. tomorrow and see what they say about it.

If I was infact declined than its really no biggie since it was only a soft-pull and i will just wait til Nov. or Dec. and try again.

if you are going to wait till then, might as well wait till jan for max backdating.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 13 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

thanks...i'll try that

If I was infact declined than its really no biggie since it was only a soft-pull and i will just wait til Nov. or Dec. and try again.

if you are going to wait till then, might as well wait till jan for max backdating.

oh yeah, i forgot about that. my next card will still be dated for 2012 anyway won't it? lol, if it backdates to the month of application and the year of my other card...does that mean it will actually report as being an older card?

thanks,

John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.