Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apping for AMEX

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

apping for AMEX

I currently have the AMEX Zync. I have pretty much replaced my debit card with it, but with it having the $500 hard limit. I have to make tons of payments throughout the month to be able to do that. I've had it for nearly 2mths now. I know thats not that long, but I was curious whenever i do go to app for another AMEX card; if i want to get the Zync with NPSL should i just put a new app in for the Zync? or should i just apply for the Green or Gold? I'm also wanting a revolver, but i think getting a charge card with NPSL would be better first then app for a revolver. I've only ever app'd for the Zync and was approved with the $500 w/autopay. I know it's only a softpull to apply so I'm curious what i should do. I really would like to get a card that offers rewards for gas, groceries, etc.

thanks,

John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: apping for AMEX

Apply for  Premier Rewards Gold, they have the AF waived for the first year, after that you can downgrade to gold or green if the AF is too much for your spending.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

Apply for  Premier Rewards Gold, they have the AF waived for the first year, after that you can downgrade to gold or green if the AF is too much for your spending.

yeah, i seen that one offers the rewards that i'm wanting. i have several of the Zync "packs" on my card so my AF is more than the $25 anyway. I'm not sure when or if i'm getting MR because my account still shows zero, but i know i should have some because I'm spending at places and on items that it specifically says i will build points with purchases?

thanks,

John

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 3 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

well i applied, but it just froze up or something.

it had me enter the CID from my Zync card and i hit the apply button and the little spinning icon came up but was stuck there for a long time. i just closed the screen out. so does that mean i should call them?

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 4 of 14
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Did u get an email from them? If you didn't get an approval/denial/or further processing email it didn't go through I'd say. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 5 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

as of right now there is no email...i also used their site to check the status of my application and it only shows my approval from my Zync on there.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 6 of 14
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

This has been happening to a lot of people recently. What I would do is log out of your account, and then go back and click on apply for the card you want. When it prompts you to enter your log in information, put in your card information on the right hand side instead of logging in. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 7 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

thanks...i'll try that

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 8 of 14
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

thanks...i'll try that

I would just call. Same thing happened to me.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 9 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

thanks...i'll try that

I would just call. Same thing happened to me.

i tried submitting the way that was suggested by entering my card info on the right side. It worked, but I received a denial. I tried accessing my application and it kept giving me an error and stating my application was not accessable.

I called and the guy said since I tried applying 3 times that it may have messed up. So he suggested that i call the new accounts dept. tomorrow and see what they say about it.

If I was infact declined than its really no biggie since it was only a soft-pull and i will just wait til Nov. or Dec. and try again.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.